New Rig

Associate
Awesome. I ordered a similar setup a couple of weeks ago and am well pleased. The 3700+ seems an awesome overclocking chip. I ordered the OEM version and have overclocked it as in signature... and it's not even breaking a sweat at this level. A bit more tweaking at the weekend me thinks!

Associate
OP
juse bought a cheap case with 400 watt psu :)

hopefully i will notice some diffrence, my current specs are

2500+ Barton running at 2200 (was at 2400)
An7 nforce 2 mobo
1gb geil
9800XT

Last edited:
Soldato
jongeeone said:
juse bought a cheap case with 400 watt psu :)

Ouch, doesn't sound great. Never a good idea to skimp on the PSU. Ask any member here and they'll tell you the PSU is the most important part of the system. There really is a massive difference in quality from those cheapo PSUs that come with cases from competitor sites and a decent PSU from the likes of Enermax, Antec, Tagan, Seasonic etc. I've had cheap PSUs in the past and they've been nosiy, unreliable and have broken easily - taking other components with them. They also have massively exaggerated power ratings. The 400W one you just bought will be probably less powerful than a 300W model from a quality manufacturer.

Sorry to sound so awful, but when you get the funds, I really would invest in a new PSU. :)

Soldato
p4radox said:
Ouch, doesn't sound great. Never a good idea to skimp on the PSU. Ask any member here and they'll tell you the PSU is the most important part of the system. There really is a massive difference in quality from those cheapo PSUs that come with cases from competitor sites and a decent PSU from the likes of Enermax, Antec, Tagan, Seasonic etc. I've had cheap PSUs in the past and they've been nosiy, unreliable and have broken easily - taking other components with them. They also have massively exaggerated power ratings. The 400W one you just bought will be probably less powerful than a 300W model from a quality manufacturer.

Sorry to sound so awful, but when you get the funds, I really would invest in a new PSU. :)

I think he's talking about the Optronix cases and the 400W PSU's which come with them are actually very good. I have one but bought a separate enermax PSU just in case but the PSU which comes with it has good rails and is rather heavey (although I'm not using it now, I have just recently used this PSU in a friends PC and had no problems whatsoever) :)

Back
Top Bottom