New Router or Mesh Wifi?

Soldato
Morning,

After a recent increase in my internet speeds from 40mbps to 200mbps, I've encountered an issue with my network.

Previously, I had a Tenda MW3 3-piece mesh wifi and it worked perfectly, giving me speeds of around 40mbps in my study which is some way from the modem. Sadly, despite claiming they had transfer speeds of up to 1200mbps, all of the WAN/LAN inputs on the MW3 units are capped at 100mbps, so it cripples my speeds straight away. I complained to the place I purchased it from and they have agreed to refund me (despite nine months of use!).

Money is not overflowing at the moment as I have two new kids in the house, so I need to find the best way to get as much speed as possible in my study. The old TP-link Powerlines from my old house I tried also throttled speeds quite badly so it seems the electrics are not a trusty option.

So it comes down to either a new router, or another more powerful mesh wifi - and they seem to suddenly jump in cost! Any advice or suggestions on equipment would be much appreciated.

Running cables is not an option, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom