New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
OP
I've also just got mine from Germany. Great monitor. Still playing around with the configurations though.

I can't find the auto Eco Light Sensor mode - is there one? All I have is a fixed 50% & 75% option.

Associate
OP
Has anyone heard of the 'LightBoost' feature?

This monitor is apparently able to eliminate motion blur in 2D mode, much like a CRT functions. I've tried it myself and found gaming and multimedia to be much clearer. Although, the added input lag is much more noticeable.

More info: http://www.esreality.com/post/2395123/lightboost-faq-crt-quality-on-120hz-lcd/

I've found the colours to be way off though. Is anybody here able to calibrate their monitor correctly in frame-sequential mode and post their results?

Associate
OP
Does setting the monitor's response time to Fastest actually increase input-lag?

I've been switching back and forth between Normal and Fastest whilst playing Quakelive (125fps@120hz) and it feels as though the Normal setting is more responsive, albeit more blurry.

I couldn't find any reviews which compared the different settings to input-lag - only blur reduction.

A quick search on LCD overdrive (if this is the same thing) tells me that such feature does increase input lag, so I'm a little bit confused.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Back
Top Bottom