New Seasonic ATX3.0

Associate
Hi guys

Trying to decide on a new PSU. I dont currently need ATX3.0 but though that I might as well for future proofing.
I was going to go for a Corsair rm850x until i decided on ATX3.0 so that takes me to the Shift version which isnt compatible with my case.

I want a silent psu and came across this one from Seasonic:

There are very few reviews and when I search, i mainly find info about the Vertex. Has anyone used the one in the link?

Cheers
Gwyn

Associate
OP
Kitguru have reviewed the 1k version. I'd treat the 850 watter the same. Its a new range but I suspect all Seasonic have done is tweak the design of the previous model to meet the specs of ATX 3.0. Buy with confidence as Seasonic has included a 10 warranty on it.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I read that review, very positive. Would you put the Seasonic ahead of the rmx series psu’s?

Associate
OP
Uh, I wouldn’t spend the money unless you knew what size PSU you needed.

It’s not a bad idea and 850 watts is a lot but still buying a new PSU not knowing what you’d need in the future is a bit of an unknown quantity.
Not really sure I get your point sorry? I’m currently running 660 watt and have upgraded to an RTX 3080. I’m putting my current PSU into my daughters new build as I need a little more power for the 3080. I tend to keep my kit a long time so it’s impossible to know what I will need in the future.

Associate
OP
Ah right, I see. Didn’t catch that part and yes, you’ll need more than 660 watts for a 3080 so that’s understandable.

Any of the power supplies mentioned in the replies will do great.

10 year warranties are a great indicator of quality.
Nice one. Seems to be running ok at the moment but bet it’s kicking my PSU’s ass lol.

Back
Top Bottom