New Sofa time

Soldato
On the search for a new sofa, where do you guys recommend looking?
My partner and I have been for a shop around today and I am quite surprised that about 80% of the sofas we sat on are really not comfortable.
Surely comfort is one of the main criteria for most people.

We looked in:
Barker and Stonehouse, really not our style and look to be massively overpriced IMO
Ikea, all cheap, uncomfortable tat
DFS, very very samey, did not sit on a single comfortable sofa in there, we could maybe try a store closer to home to see if anything grabs our fancy.
SCS, the only really comfy sofas were La-z-boy, and due to a past experience I won't consider this brand. everything else seemed meh
Sofology, this was really the only promising store, 4 or 5 sofas that could be potentials, but very expensive,

Is it normal now for a 3 & 2 seater sofa (or corner sofa in similar config) to set you back £4k+ ?

Soldato
OP
looks for me are definitely not a priority, although it can't be completely fugly as the missus would never let that fly.

Having looked at all opinions in this thread and what we have seen so far, I think we are going to make a 2nd trip to sofology and have another browse. :)

I've just bagged a fairly decent looking sofa off facebook for £50, and paying man with a van £30 to go and collect it for me, that will now allow us to make a proper choice rather than trying to rush it.

Soldato
OP
I bought a 2-piece set of layzee boy reclining leather sofas from SCS in 2018 for just over £4k, and by 2020 loads of the colour had flaked off the bit where the backs of your knees go. They put it down to 'wear and tear'.

Would avoid those.
We returned our la-z-boy due to quality issues, it was 2 years old, we had a bit of a fight from SCS but they ultimately had to yield and we got a full refund.
It was comfortable, but we've definitely been put off buying another one, ours was material though, it sounds like yours was leather ?

I definitely would have fought the wear and tear claim from them, we quoted consumer rights act etc to get ours refunded.
its something along the lines of an item purchased should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time.

Back
Top Bottom