New springs and exhaust fitted (Puma)

Man of Honour
Got new lowering springs and 4" Piper backbox on my Puma :) Really pleased with the results; it both looks better and drives really well. The backbox ticks over nicely on idle and roars when you boot it (induction kit helps too).
Pumabuild also put on the latest Ford spec ECU software, which is meant to tweak fuel consumption/power etc a little too.

main.php

main.php

- More pics here.

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you for the replies. I didn't expect such a response :)

I just about get away with the 4".. if it was my Fiesta then I'd gone for 3", but with the generally large rear of the Puma, I think it looks good.

The ride was quite harsh after fitting the alloys a year ago, but the new springs have stiffened it up a bit now which is great. Check out the older photos on gallery to see how different the rear now sits :cool:

Not sure about future mods at the moment, the only other things I may do would be larger front discs (and maybe get discs on the rear to match) or chip the ECU with bluefin (~10-15bhp). I'm not interested in changing the appearance anymore, i.e skirts/spoiler etc.

:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Conanius said:
did you get this done at pumabuild?

I asked for a quote for a few things as to go with my broken cat ive now also got a slipping clutch... there is a possibility of some rather nice replacement bits tho :p
Yep all done at Pumabuild :) Do you have a Puma too btw?

Scottland - post pics? :)

Man of Honour
OP
Scottland said:
I've not got any pics of mine yet, and it's getting a bit dark now - so I'll take some in the morning and post them, but it's completely stock atm.

Suspension wise, I've been recommended these over the gmax ones, but haven't decided if I'm going to bother at all at the moment, as I don't know how long I'll be keeping the Puma.
Those Koni's look ok but I'm sure I heard somewhere they were quite stiff, like Spax springs are?
How come you are thinking of selling by the way? Fingers crossed in a year or two I should be getting company car so in the meantime I'm keeping the Puma and will keep fiddling with it I think :)

Back
Top Bottom