New starter gaming pc spec advice

Associate
Hi all,

I am looking into buying a PC as my laptop is getting a bit dated and I have been interested in getting one for a while. However, I am completely new to PC gaming and thought I would ask you experts for possible ideas :)

I preferably would like to spend a maximum of £700 and end up with a good foundation gaming computer with the option of upgrading it in the future.

The computer will mainly be used for casual gaming such as GMOD and Overwatch. I will also be using the computer for Uni work but this will not require much at all. I would like to be able to run 2 1080P monitors.

I do not currently have any OS so this will need to be factored into the price but I will purchase the hardware seperately.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

drop the dvd drive if you wont need it(not sure if uni work would require it) and i ran 2 identical 1080p monitors on a 1gb gtx 750 and the new 1050ti is much better, but with the budget you wouldnt get a 1060 unless you dropped to a kabylake pentium G which would still run overwatch well enough, has no sensible upgrade path, plus the 1400 is a 4 core 8 thread which i think is better than the 4 core i5 recommended for that game? 16gb ram is nice to have, but unless you went for a cheap slower single 8gb stick you havent the budget for 16gb(not on here anyways), the hard drive with its sale price is only few quid more than a 1tb version, so made sense and while an ssd would benefit you, only a 250gb be possible at a push, ive factored in windows 10, so if you got that elsewhere you could improve in one maybe two areas, the power supply is good one and is more than enough even for some potential upgrades down the line, the cpu cooler is just the cheapest am4 compatible one listed if its even required and if you didnt want a tall one, the case is personal preference, much nicer for more money, but with current prices and potential demand with a strict budget, compromises need to be made.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £709.88
(includes shipping: £11.10)

can save a little money on the OS if you go looking for windows keys.

Also on the above spec, the 1400 comes with an ok CPU cooler, so don't need to get an aftermarket one right away. Between that and saving some money on the OS could maybe stretch to an SSD for the boot drive.

can save a little money on the OS if you go looking for windows keys.

Also on the above spec, the 1400 comes with an ok CPU cooler, so don't need to get an aftermarket one right away. Between that and saving some money on the OS could maybe stretch to an SSD for the boot drive.

thats good to know as im not aware if they like intel and only certain ones dont come with coolers? which is one reason i dont select high priced aftermarkets.

Back
Top Bottom