New static website

Associate
Hi guys,

Need to build a static website with about 2 pages, a home page and contact us page.

I've been out of the game for a while and used to do this stuff in dreamwreaver about 20 years ago but what software or provider shall I use now? Need WYSIWYG and a template to edit as haven't got image design skills.

Will need a domain name to go with it and an email address.

Any ideas how to proceed?

The purpose is for the site to be like a placeholder or online representation. I'm not expecting to drive any traffic through it at all but want the presence for a more professional look.

Thanks.

Soldato
If the site is really as simple as you describe, almost anything would be overkill! Find a hosting provider such as fasthosts.co.uk (but there are loads out there, I'm just giving this as an example) and purchase a package that includes domain name, email and webhosting. For what you're talking about, it should be about the cheapest package you can find as you've no need of database or large amounts of memory or disk space. A lot of hosting providers will include some kind of basic website designer in the package. For example, with Fasthosts, you could just get this:

https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/website-builder

That's got everything you need in one - email, hosting, domain name and design software. Plus templates and stock image library. As you sound like you don't have a lot of current experience with web design, I'd just pick out a template you like and customise it - safest way.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

I had a look at the prices at those hosts and realised I probably only need a free hosting solution.
Will purchase a domain name and email address though.

Cheers.

Soldato
Not being funny, but if you were using DreamWeaver or any kind of WYSIWYG you were never "in the game". Vue.Js will work for you and compile and build your static pages with a few simple lines of code.

Back
Top Bottom