New system build

Associate
Hi Guys, what a popular forum this is, can I ask you for some advice?
I’m looking to replace/upgrade my old system, firstly not a gaming machine just a regular pc, reasonably quick and powerful,

My current system is an Asus pn5-e sli, Mobo with an Intel Q6600, 2.4 quad, with fan stuck on top of cpu, 4GB ram OCZ Gold( 2x2GB) Win 7 all contained in a large Antec case, 2x1Tb, HDD+ DVD Drive & graphic card, Radeon HD 5450, the system must be 5-6 years old

What I’d like is an i5,(4570) or similar, SSD 240 GB , New Mobo with 8 GB Ram, On board audio 5.1 + , on board graphic output DVI & RGB a must as I use two monitors (1920x1080 ) Usb 2&3, new PSU and Fan, all to run on Win 8.1

Appreciate any suggestions / recommendations or questions,
Thank you in advance, regards, john

Associate
OP
Hi Danny75,
I will build my own, I have some experience in doing this, the HDD and DVD are Sata, I only have one fan above the CPU, and the other is built in the PSU, so I'd replace them as they've done serious some mileage by now, but still working fine

Associate
OP
Danny75,
I don't have a budget, its open ended, the stock intel fan would be fine or another would be ok too, as long as its quite and reliable

Associate
OP
Danny 75,

Thank you so much the spec is perfect, I agree the Mobo + Ram deal is great, all I need now is a SSD conversion bracket, and I'm more than happy.....thanks again and regards, john

Associate
OP
Thanks Guys, appreciate your guidence, I've made up my mind and I'm going for Danny75 recommendation....thank you one again......Regards, john

Back
Top Bottom