New system in £1 - 1.5k region wanted. Newbie!

Associate
Hello all,

I am looking to get back into PC gaming and want to spend a maximum of £1500 on a complete system (including monitor and peripherals). At this stage I am not confident to build my own.

It’s been well over 10 years since I had a PC and from the reading I have been doing so far, a lot has changed.

I’m looking for ideally a 1tb SSD (as recommended by a friend) and he also said the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB Graphics Card would be a good option.

Any recommendations (with pros/cons) would be welcomed. Thanks so much for any help you can give in advance.

Associate
OP
Do you need WiFi, or can you be wired to the router for internet? And are you bothered about RGB/lights at all, or are you happy with a plain sleek system? For now I'll go RGB case and the rest plain and simple...

Here's my 2p on a build... OcUK pre-built systems and part options are a bit bleh (PSUs are lacklustre, slower RAM, cases lack choice etc). But what you can do is drop a ticket in the Customer Service subforum and ask for a quote for them to build a system for you, if you tell them what you want (or copy/paste a basket). They used to charge £80-100 I think, not sure if that's any cheaper, the same or more now. But by selecting every part you know you're getting great components all-round.

This should be well within budget for a decent 1080p system. Just get whatever keyboard and mouse you like elsewhere tbh. The stock on OcUK is almost non-existent for these peripherals. But the monitor is fantastic though and in stock! ;)

You could get a better GPU if you wanted like a Nvidia 2060 or AMD 5600 XT with what's left on the budget. Otherwise a 1660S is a great GPU for 1080p gaming. But had a feeling you'd be happier spending less if you could and still get a good gaming experience. :p

Edit: You could even squeeze a GPU capable of 1440p (5700 XT) and a 27" 1440p monitor, it'd just put you over £1500 by a few quid though. But nothing wrong with 1080p to get things started again, you can always upgrade GPU/Monitor at a later time if you get back into it and fancy upping things a notch.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,170.75 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Thank you. Have added those options to my basket. If I was going to go for those upgraded options you listed at the bottom, would you possibly be able to link them for me (just so I have all my eggs in one basket!)

Associate
OP
Sure, if you went 1440p I’d get a 5700 XT GPU and something like either this Asus or Gigabyte 27” 1440p display.

Edit: I take it your ok for internet btw can you be wired to router? No WiFi needed?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35s-ms.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ed-widescreen-led-backlit-gami-mo-0ar-as.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...urved-widescreen-led-gaming-mo-mo-008-gi.html

I’m hoping to go wired yes. Would it be an idea to have a wireless option included?

I assume I might need to visit a popular auction site if I wanted Windows?

Thanks again for all your help. Am properly excited at the prospect of PC Gaming again!

Back
Top Bottom