New tablet needed. iPad 2 showing its age

Soldato
We have an iPad 2 64gb.

It is slow, freezes, jumps webpages etc.

I have done factory reset back to nothing a few times but me thinks it is past its sell by date.

So, we looking for a new tablet. Maybe an android one.

It's used for Internet, watch movies, games (very little) reading. iPad seems very expensive to us.

Not sure on budget.

Screen has to be at least the same size as the iPad 2. (10")

Any advice would be awesome

Soldato
For internet, movies and reading, can't see how an iPad worth the cash.

I've only got smaller tablets, so can't offer recommendations from experience, but have never had problems with Android.

Soldato
My mum's Ipad 2 is also struggling now, so I ahve been looking for a budget tablet for her.

Thinking Lenovo Tab 3 10" £100 or Acer Iconia A3-A40 10" £150. Latter is bit better spec and seems more multimedia friendly.

If you want a better spec and more expensive, you could wait for the Lenovo Tab 4 out anytime now, however, it's annoying that it appears to be priced over £250, when it was supposed to be starting under £200 ($180 in US).

Last edited:
Soldato
This iPad 2 I have only has 512ram! Samsung has 2gig. Why spend more? Convince me! Lol

All a matter of opinion here but iOS and better build quality. Also the iPad has superior battery life. And iPads last a lot longer! Says a lot that you're just looking to replace an iPad 2 which is four/ five years after it was released.

Back
Top Bottom