• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New to AMD - AGESA & BIOS

Soldato
I've just purchased an AMD 7700 and Asus TUF Gaming X670E-Plus motherboard. It's a test / backup system (I have a 13700k system) but may get promoted in the fullness of time. But I find myself lacking in knowledge of AGESA and BIOS updates. Looking on the board's website I see a beta BIOS update but I read elsewhere of AGESA updates. So, while the system is up and running so I don't actually need to do anything, should I decide to update, what should I do?

Soldato
OP
Funnily enough, apart from DOCP and ReBAR there wasn't anything to check. I'm still on the stock cooler (Wraith Spire) for testing purposes. I've found that so far the AMD CPU is giving only modestly higher maximum and average framerates with my A770 than my 8700 (4k, medium settings) but significantly higher minimum frame rates.

Back
Top Bottom