New to graphics software

Soldato
So I am sat working on a website. In the past I have only ever concerned myself with the code and database as all graphics were provided on my at uni. But this is the first time I have built a website entirely myself from the ground up. Obviously it needs graphics, and MS Paint just doesn't cut it.

Nothing too fancy, wont be any photos but I need logos, backgrounds, farting about with screenshots etc.

I am using Paint.NET but I would imagine the basics are the same? What are layers for?

And can anyone recommend a decent tutorial? Just enough to get me to the point that I can experiment on my own with a vague idea of what will happen.

Layers are the building blocks of graphics. From a basic standpoint, they allow you to easily separate different parts of your work and set up what sits "on top" of each other.

A good idea, if you want to see more on Layers, is to download Gimp and then find a tutorial image with 20+ layers.

Then hide all the layers (so you end up with a blank page) and then unhide each layer from the bottom up. Then you'll see exactly how that complex image is made up of lots of smaller simpler 'layers'.

Back
Top Bottom