New to PSP - game ideas please

Associate
I've just got myself a PSP 3000 off the member's market and wanted to get a few games ready for its arrival. I'm moving to Asia shortly and envisage that I'll be be using it mostly while I'm travelling e.g. jeep, bus, boat etc. I have no idea what games are decent for the PSP and having done a few searches it seems that people recommend the GTA titles, Tekken, MGS and the Final Fantasy games. Are Little Big Planet & God of War any good?

I'll probably end up getting those but also want an engrossing RPG (enjoyed Dragon Quest on the DS) and also a fun arcade-style racing game (Burnout?).

Any opinions?

TIA

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Football games aren't really my thing, so I can't say, and driving games don't really work for me on the PSP, don't enjoy them much. I've tried a few, to no avail.

GTA Chinatown Wars is another excellent time killer too.

I've read so many conflicting things about the GTA games. Gamespot gave Chinatown wars an awesome score and Liverty City/Vice City lower scores but then I've read lots of people don't like Chinatown - wtf :confused:

Associate
OP
Football Manager 2011 will be out in a couple of months.

Yes, I'm serious, if you're playing it when you're bored then this will suck all of that time away like nothing. Great for when you're between other games, too. I wish I had a PSP for the bus. I'd only need that one game. x_x

Love football management games but haven't played any for years!

Syphon Filter
Field Commander
Crisis Core
Lumines
Ridge Racer

I was looking at Ridge Racer - is it any good? I'm not a Gran Turismo fan as I like pure arcade racing games, so assume RR is just that. What's Field Commander like?

Associate
OP
I spent a bit of time on flea bay last night and picked up the following for around £40:

Tekken: Dark resurrection
GTA Vice City
GTA Liberty City
Lumines
Field Commander
GOW: Chains of Olympus
Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite
Wipeout Pure
Burnout Legends
Ridge Racer
Worms Open Warfare

Should keep me going :D

Associate
OP
Ridge racer would be great for you then, i personally never liked the GT series and loved the Ridge Racer Series and the one on the PSP is good fun and its goign for quite cheap these days!

Field commander is Turn Based Strategy, I swear once i started that i didn't put it down till i finished it, then again its only good if you're into that genre of games.

I liked turn-based strategy games and managed to get Ridge Racer for £3 delivered lol

Associate
OP
I think I need to stop looking on the auction site at all the cheap PSP games as I'll end up skint and with more games than I can shake a stick at otherwise. I'm a sucker for cheap deals though (Lumines cost me £1) lol

Back
Top Bottom