New Top-Level Domains

Soldato
OP
I can only see this becoming confusing for the average joe. Currently people hear or see a web address www.bbc.co.uk and can associate it with being a web URI easily. When that becomes www.bbc (or just bbc) there's no obvious way of saying "That's a web address" for the average user. I hate to say it but we may need to think up a new syntax for displaying them. Twitter hashtags kinda work as much as I hate them. Perhaps we'll need to start displaying web addresses with a / in front. e.g. /google /bbc /sport.bbc and get everyone to re-learn the syntax.

http://

But I think the <something>.<something> is sufficient anyway.

Soldato
OP
Next batch:

On February 19th, 2014, at 11AM EST, .construction, .contractors, .directory, .kitchen, .land, .technology and .today will all be available for general registration.

Should have at least gone with .tech, instead of .technology.

On February 25th, 2014, at 11AM EST, you can get your very own .sexy or .tattoo domain name. Then, on February 26th, 2014, at 11AM EST, .diamonds, .enterprises, .tips, and .voyage will all be available for general registration.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
March 17th, 2014, at Noon EST, you can pick up your very own .menu domain. Then, on March 19th, 2014, at Noon EST, search and register for your very own .uno, .academy, .center, .company, .computer, .management, and .systems.

How many believe its worth registering the new extensions? Or is it easier to claim trademarks if someone else tries to use them?

Not sure i fancy paying another £50 a year to register domains I don't need.

The domains are about £15-20 a year, which if you really hold a valuable trademark is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom