New tyre time

Associate
Hi all

My focus is in need of new rubber all around. I'm looking to spend about £80 a corner fitted to avoid ditch finder specials but as I haven't needed to buy tyres for about 9 years I'm lost from there. Any recommendations what is good in that sweet spot of good grip, fair lasting, etc? Not looking to set new land speed records as it's a family taxi but being able to stick the anchors on when an idiot appears is always nice.

Tyre size is 205/55/R16

Thanks in advance
FluffySheep

Associate
OP
Paying attention and predicting other driver behaviour has left me with no need to emergency brake for at least 10 sets of tyres but premium tyres are probably best for the mostly useless drivers I see these days :D

Having had a pedestrian run out of a blind alley right in front of my car leaving me with a full car-squirming emergency brake and missing him by less than 6 inches has left me not relying on predicting the unpredictable but buying decent boots (before anyone asks, the guy was being chased by the cops)(before anyone asks this was NOT I Rhyl)

FluffySheep

Associate
OP
Well I've now put about 400 miles on the tyres. Haven't knocked the moulding knobbles off yet as I haven't pushed the tyres yet. Very solid feel in the wet. A bit more noise on concrete and textured roads but overall no extra noise. Good tyres...

FluffySheep

Back
Top Bottom