New V5 Wait Time?

Soldato
Bought my car nearly 5 weeks ago and still don't have the V5 form, anyone recently bought one and what was the wait time for it.
Dealer has said they applied the change over, dvla check says last v5 change was January, so it still hasn't been changedover i their system.

Thanks

Man of Honour
2 days at the start of March.

I'd assume a dealer would do it all online therefore if it's not showing as having had a new one issued I'd question whether they've actually done it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
5-7 working days usually, in some cases I got mine in 3 working days. Longest was just over 2 weeks during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Soldato
2 days at the start of March.

I'd assume a dealer would do it all online therefore if it's not showing as having had a new one issued I'd question whether they've actually done it.

I had a dealer just forgot/not bother. I found out months later when I looked in to it. The car still had their name on it. Hopefully I didn't get any speeding or parking fines in that time :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks Guys

Yeah, I knew it would be days and not weeks, I phoned the dealer on monday morning and he had promised they had done it. Quite obvious that they hadn't, said he would double check with his admin team

How do I go about getting one if they have messed this up?

Also, I have paid the tax on it, so if the name changes would the tax be refunded to previous owner and the car be left without road tax?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
If you go here

Scroll past the MOT / Tax bit and look for : Date of last V5C (logbook) issued

Mine took 2 days after issue to arrive .
I have been checking that, still not here.
Last issue was Jan of this year, which is when the car was traded in I presume..

Dealer has said they have applied for it, its now 6 weeks.
What are my options here?

Thanks

Soldato
I have been checking that, still not here.
Last issue was Jan of this year, which is when the car was traded in I presume..

Dealer has said they have applied for it, its now 6 weeks.
What are my options here?

Thanks

Recently got caught out by this too. DVLA on the website state you needed to have reported it within 6 weeks else subject to a £25 fee.

You need to a complete a v62 to claim for a new one

Back
Top Bottom