New VFR1200F

Soldato
Anyone else interested in the new line up of VFR's?

Im interested to see what this new double clutch system is like and what this strange gearbox combination has to offer.

Looks wise im not overly keen on it but then all new bikes appear to be going in the same direction

honda-vfr-1200-v4.jpg

Soldato
I believe that's just a mockup, but the bike is interesting technologically:

1200cc V-Four, capable of running on 2 or even 3 cylinders to save fuel
dual-clutch gearbox, seemingly with a full auto, 'sports' mode auto and a 'semi-auto' mode as well

Unfortunately it seems they're going for the sports tourer market with it, what they should do is make a V4 400/600 sports bike (or both :p), or even a V4 1000...

Man of Honour
I believe that's just a mockup, but the bike is interesting technologically:

1200cc V-Four, capable of running on 2 or even 3 cylinders to save fuel
dual-clutch gearbox, seemingly with a full auto, 'sports' mode auto and a 'semi-auto' mode as well

Unfortunately it seems they're going for the sports tourer market with it, what they should do is make a V4 400/600 sports bike (or both :p), or even a V4 1000...

sounds crazy.. flappy paddle bike :(

Soldato
OP
Vould be intresting to see what a now version of the VFR450 Would be like. and of the VFR750 in the sports range.

The images I have found look much the same.

3 models will be

VFR1200F Sports tourer
VFR1200T New pan Euro
VFR1200X Adventure bike

Soldato
It's still uses the traditional gear shift, would be interesting though as I'm assuming there is no manually operated clutch, once moving I think it'd be good (auto for lazy cruising, semi-auto for fun), but pulling away without a clutch is gonna be interesting, but then not sure how well that's done in the DSG style cars?

EDIT: Just watched the vid, I'm wrong, uses a paddle/thumbshifter on the left hand clip-on to shift up/down, whats wrong with a proper gear lever? ¬_¬

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't quite understand why they would put a semi auto gearbox on a bike, you barely have to move to change gear and it helps to prevent you from completely switching off and not paying attention.

Associate
Don't quite understand why they would put a semi auto gearbox on a bike, you barely have to move to change gear and it helps to prevent you from completely switching off and not paying attention.

Dont agree with this entirely - its an option to change gear differently to the norm and while being easier and different to normal foot opperated changes, if anything gives you more time to study the road ahead and around you.
Race bike have had button upshifters for sometime and it doesnt make them complacent!

Soldato
OP
The FG is more like back to the future :D

Once I finaly get a decent ride on it I will probably say "Bring Back the Future" lol

You neednt talk lol, you will be getting a Vespa once yer back on the road, All you can be trusted with.
(No offence intended there)

Infact here is your next bike.

hemitrike.jpg

Taken from Random thread lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Interested in the engine. Not interested in the bike or ridiculous gearbox.

Typical Honda - will be incredibly competent and powerful with not an ounce of charachter :p

Back
Top Bottom