New VR Setup

Soldato
Hey all,

I'm planning on sorting out a new VR setup for my computer this weekend, as I've recently changed my desk setup - However, I wonder if I will have some problems...

RnQG3wq.png

Here's my crude floorplan :p

The thing I'm wondering is... My desk is not central to the VR area, so the sensors would need to be turned to the area, rather than pointing directly forward.

Would this still work?

Thanks,
Marky

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the comments guys - I did eventually get the setup working with the sensors on the desk but it definitely isn’t ideal...

I’m really tempted to get some mounts and post them in the corners of the room - but it’s my living room and I’m afraid of being considered a super nerd between my friend group :p :D

Soldato
OP
I've put the sensors further away from each other on the desk, and the performance is much better :)

I think I'm going to keep it the way it is considering it seems like we're moving into a sensorless future :p

One thing I've noticed since setting up the Oculus again - Every so often in Windows, I keep hearing the "Disconnected" sound. I've since noticed that when I hear that noise, the light on the top of one of the sensors lights up and then goes out. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I currently leave the Oculus and sensors connected even when I'm not using them - Is that not recommended?

Back
Top Bottom