New window & doors, am I out of touch?

Associate
Hello,

I'm wanting to replace my front and back doors, and replace 6 windows in my place, near Bristol.

5 windows are approx 1.3m wide by 1m high, split into 3 with outer 2 opening, and 1 is 60cmx1m. Plain double glazed white casement windows. The front door replacement would be composite, with a single double glazed panel in the top half, and back door uPVC white and full height glazed.

Just had my first meeting and quote back, and was a bit shocked at the price. They'd come recommended by a couple of colleagues so I was expecting and hoping this would be the only quote needed.

Price for the 2 doors (front door was an Endurance door, rest is Rehau Total 70 profiles) came to £3656, and then including all windows too if I opted for those aswell, the total came to £7170 all fitted etc.

Are these the current realistic fully fitted prices? Last time I had window/door fitted on another property were 4 years ago for Ali frames and triple glazed, and I was expecting the price to be quite a bit less. Am I just a bit out of touch with current prices since the rampant inflation of the last few years? What kind of prices have others paid recently?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Gotta be triple glazed, nice Ali or timber frames for that. Internorm or something similar? Not the level I'm looking at here for my crash pad flat for work unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, unless I'm doing it wrong though, you need to supply you name and phone for them to contact you and give you the prices on tradeframe.com, cant see a way to get just the price.

Back
Top Bottom