New World MMO

Associate
Who is into MMOs?

I used to be into them but stopped for a good few years now and in turn started playing a mixture of games from BR to rocket league.

Lately got a bit of an itch to give another a go and saw this, can't find much info on it although it's supposed to be released in May.

Soldato
Currently playing Elder Scrolls Online. Been hooked on that for the last couple of months. Might be worth trying out if you have an MMO itch to scratch.

I am also interested in the New World. Haven't heard much about it either. It's based on Earth and everyone is human!! Fighting involves timing and dodging etc. You can get involved in PVP and the world politics or you can just play it like an open world RPG. It isn't subscription based either. Will see how that goes.

Associate
OP
Currently playing Elder Scrolls Online. Been hooked on that for the last couple of months. Might be worth trying out if you have an MMO itch to scratch.

I am also interested in the New World. Haven't heard much about it either. It's based on Earth and everyone is human!! Fighting involves timing and dodging etc. You can get involved in PVP and the world politics or you can just play it like an open world RPG. It isn't subscription based either. Will see how that goes.

I am actually dabbling with ESO. Got a level 11 Sorcerer but I have to really focus when playing Eso. Find I sometimes glaze over on dialogue.. Ha.

At the moment I'm on it on my ps4 as my gpu on pc snuffed it last week. Hopefully get the pc up and running tomorrow, preying my new gpu comes.

Soldato
I am actually dabbling with ESO. Got a level 11 Sorcerer but I have to really focus when playing Eso. Find I sometimes glaze over on dialogue.. Ha.

At the moment I'm on it on my ps4 as my gpu on pc snuffed it last week. Hopefully get the pc up and running tomorrow, preying my new gpu comes.

Ha, I only follow the dialogue from the main quest. It's pretty much Skip, SKip, Skip for other quests :p

Associate
Pre-ordered, to get access to the alpha/beta, and got this mail yesterday, delaying launch until August...
We have made the hard decision to delay the release of New World until August 25, 2020 and the start of Closed Beta to July. Like most of you, our entire team has been sequestered as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic. While we are still making great progress, developing an ambitious MMO like New World remotely has introduced some challenges. As a result, we’ve chosen to delay the game’s release in order to reach our quality bar as we work remotely for the foreseeable future.

Soldato
I've just started playing Guild Wars 2 again. (last played it around 6-7 years ago). Enjoying it much more than both WoW and ESO.

Eager to see what New World is like when it comes out.

Soldato
Dialogue in ESO is mixed, can be boring, but when you get into it can be amusing as hell. Some charecters like Razum-dar are great :D

But yeah new worlds is on the radar also.

Soldato
The preview looks gash with all the clones spawning on the same beach, making the same camp fires.

Looks like a cash grab to me and not that good at all. No doubt it'll be full of P2W garbage.

As for other MMOs, I've been playing City of Heroes on and off which is still fun after all these yeard :)

Associate
I've just started playing Guild Wars 2 again. (last played it around 6-7 years ago). Enjoying it much more than both WoW and ESO.

Eager to see what New World is like when it comes out.

Considered coming back to GW2 myself but always struggle to get into it... Really need to scratch the itch aswell. Not a fan of ESO as I don't like the world all being the same level.

What server etc did you go on with GW2? I only have the first expac I believe.

Soldato
Considered coming back to GW2 myself but always struggle to get into it... Really need to scratch the itch aswell. Not a fan of ESO as I don't like the world all being the same level.

What server etc did you go on with GW2? I only have the first expac I believe.

Guild Wars 2 feels like a happy mix of ESO and WoW to me.

Might be worth giving it another try - I’m enjoying it more playing a Guardian over the Warrior that I used to play.

I’m playing on Desolation.

Man of Honour
As for other MMOs, I've been playing City of Heroes on and off which is still fun after all these yeard

Sadly with moving house getting in the way I stopped playing COH and haven't got back into it again :( was kind of waiting to see things firm legally, etc. as well around the resurrection.

Associate
Guild Wars 2 feels like a happy mix of ESO and WoW to me.

Might be worth giving it another try - I’m enjoying it more playing a Guardian over the Warrior that I used to play.

I’m playing on Desolation.

Downloading now, will probably join the same server.

I will be starting a fresh I think, Necromancer.

Soldato
I used to be but tbh, i've gone off them quite a bit

Much prefer a really good story to follow than getting to the end of something and just grinding the bosses for better gear

Associate
OP
Eso was short lived, the constant running from this dude to thst guy, chat chat chat was driving me bananas. Tell me to kill 10 squirrels and we have a deal, tell me to talk to 8 people before I can kill and I'm outta here.

I used to dabble with gw2, is it still lively and is pvp OK?
Never got super far in it before but this itch is getting...... Itchier...

Oh tell you what I did try which I will keep up is Gloria invictus. That's actually pretty good.

Associate
New world was pap on the last test, as above 100s of clones just doing the same crap on the beach. Quests just seemed tacked on, because they opted out of the full on PVP world.

Soldato
Eso was short lived, the constant running from this dude to thst guy, chat chat chat was driving me bananas. Tell me to kill 10 squirrels and we have a deal, tell me to talk to 8 people before I can kill and I'm outta here.

I used to dabble with gw2, is it still lively and is pvp OK?
Never got super far in it before but this itch is getting...... Itchier...

Oh tell you what I did try which I will keep up is Gloria invictus. That's actually pretty good.

ESO is RPG like all Elder Scrolls games, all quests have a story. Others short stories (local quests) others longer stories (regional quests), there also alliance story sprawling across the map of an alliance regions and your personal character. Plus the guild quest lines.

If you do not like quests, there is plenty of exploration and you do not need to do a single one. Hell you can even level by PVPing in Cyrodiil only if you like.
Out of 3500 quests have done with my main, only 2 are the same while all are voiced and especially those involving Khajiit, Bosmer, Argonians are really funny if you listen fully their dialogues.

For simpletons who just want grindfest, WoW is that way -------> :p

Man of Honour
I'm a big MMO fan, been playing them as my main gaming genre since 1997. However, I'm far from impressed with what I've seen of New World to date, in truth what I've seen doesnt actually look to me like an MMO at all, I'm getting strong Ark Survival or Conan Exiles type vibes from it. I get the distinct feeling its going to be more of a online RPG than an MMO. The last official word I saw on it was the statement " it will launch with the capability to host around 500 concurrent players" , which is ludicrous in MMO terms. Its barely an MMO with 500 people on a server. Worse still was that the dev who said that described 500 as "pretty big". Not sure what his background is in MMOs but 500 on a server is in no way "big" in MMO terms.

All smacks to me of more of this watering down of the term MMO, where so many games these days say they are MMOs when they are far from MMOs. Theres a fundamental difference between an MO and an MMO imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom