New World MMO

Soldato
Watched about half an hour or so of a steam earlier and while the combat looked ok (very early levels) I only saw fetch quests. I really hope there's some quality story telling with more depth than kill 3 boars, find the captains logbook, get the ships flag ect ect.

Watched about half an hour or so of a steam earlier and while the combat looked ok (very early levels) I only saw fetch quests. I really hope there's some quality story telling with more depth than kill 3 boars, find the captains logbook, get the ships flag ect ect.
that's all i've done so far. sure hope this is just the start for tutorial and then it never goes back to this style, else i will be refunding.

from the little i've played, so far the game has next to zero story that it's given you.

will keep going and see what i think after 5 or so hours.

Soldato
Yeah I finally got in last night around midnight, the queues were none-existent for me and I got straight in :) Played about an hour and a bit and yeah, I was enjoying it. The story is a bit thin but hopefully it'll pick up pace once it's done explaining the gameplay mechanics.

Associate
Downloading the beta to give it a try. I've known about the game for a while, but I decided to just never delve too much into it - this means I don't have a clue what to expect!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are on a 3090 I would avoid for now, this game is reportedly bricking a few of them.

https://www.windowscentral.com/amazons-new-world-bricking-rtx-3090-graphics-cards

Just need to cap fps is all. The bricking is just from uncapped frame rates in certain menus as the card ramps up to crazy high speeds and usage.

I'm absolutely loving this game, I'm not going to lie. So far, it's not deserving of the hate it's getting from salty kids that have never experienced older MMOs where the grind is real.

Back
Top Bottom