New World MMO

Soldato
OK, so let me try and understand you better.

You've clicked into a thread discussing New World - yes
You didn't read the 13 posts on this page discussing Macks' video - correct
You haven't played the New World beta - correct
You've not looked into New World in any meaningful way to discuss the game in some detail - I was browsing a forum, found a thread that could be interesting due to the popularity of the game is covers.. I didn't know I had to get a PhD in New World to be able to write something that could relate to it later. :)

But

You took issue with my earlier post - incorrect. I didn't take "issue" with anything in the first post I quoted from you.
You didn't like that I said "you really need to play the whole game and try some of the end game content, you need to give the systems in New World a fair chance." - incorrect, I just pointed out that similar things have been said before and pointed to how those scenarios have turned out. You put an aweful lot of "feelings" in my comments for some reason.
You didn't understand that my comment was in response to some of Macks' opinions when comparing it to WoW, in particular combat. - correct but also irrelevant, as my comment was not pointed at New World directly.
You wanted to tell me that a content creators first impression video offers value to you. - Correct, some value. How much is based what is said/shown.

Then

You told me despite valuing a content creators opinion, you didn't watch Macks video on New World. - Your point being what exactly?
You told me that my opinion (belief) was now a statement (fact) - Quit smoking whatever it is you are smoking, it aint good for you and I have no idea what you are on about here.
You told me my statement "Just wait until endgame" is an instant red flag. Despite me never saying that. -I never said you did, again you are twisting words rather poorly to make it fit the weird world in your head. It was an example of the typical things said to devalue other peoples opinions about a game. Their opinion doesn't matter less just because they didn't play all the way through. If something was bad, then it was bad no matter when in a game it was experienced as long as they themselves remember to bring the context.
You told me that my opinion is a statement that "everybody else" says. - Again, stop smoking. You are drawing a lot of conclusions from nothing. You are clearly on the warpath here and the reason is the illusion in your head that I somehow "attacked" your precious game.
You reinforced your opinion (or are they statements? points? factfinding mission??) on previous MMOs in "general" and how "other MMOs" promised you something you feel you didn't get. - My memory works just fine, so why you are repeating me I don't know, unless you somehow believe that it validates your crusade. It doesn't my friend *wink *wink.
You concluded this by telling me "your point stands" - Yeeesss??? its right up there above some of the other posts.. But I guess you want to take that out of context as well and try and spin to mean something that could aid in your crusade.

Finally

You told me to reread your previous post in a thread that you didn't read the posts about a topic discussing a video that you didn't watch about a game you have no idea about. -I told you to reread because you didn't comprehend the meaning of the post the first time around, something you fail at yet again. That in itself is not related to what I have read or not. But you shouldn't feel bad about it, we all misunderstand from time to time. The sane thing is to make sure you got the right picture before going all hostile, otherwise you just look a bit silly m8 :).

I hope I've understood you better. Great talk btw. -Clearly you haven't but that is okay. Points for trying and a good day to you :)

Associate
Feel like I may have left it a little too late if I want to get a good go of the beta. Game is actually out in a month though
I haven't even looked at any gameplay at all yet but I gotta say the setting is fascinating

So torn about whether I should give this a go still

Man of Honour
Feel like I may have left it a little too late if I want to get a good go of the beta. Game is actually out in a month though
I haven't even looked at any gameplay at all yet but I gotta say the setting is fascinating

I would say it depends how much time you have to play this week, the beta doesnt end until the 2nd of August, so you have this week and weekend to play yet, which could be long enough to know whether you want to play it at release.

Associate
I would say it depends how much time you have to play this week, the beta doesnt end until the 2nd of August, so you have this week and weekend to play yet, which could be long enough to know whether you want to play it at release.
You have to buy the game to try the beta right?
Is the steam refund policy the standard one or are they extending the option to refund to the end of the beta?

Man of Honour
You have to buy the game to try the beta right?
Is the steam refund policy the standard one or are they extending the option to refund to the end of the beta?

If you buy on Steam , you can refund any time you want before the game releases in August, so you can buy and get instant access to the beta, play the whole beta, put in as many 10s of hours you want in the beta and just refund it at the end of beta if you want.

Associate
If you buy on Steam , you can refund any time you want before the game releases in August, so you can buy and get instant access to the beta, play the whole beta, put in as many 10s of hours you want in the beta and just refund it at the end of beta if you want.
Seems like a no brainer then. I know what I'm playing this evening

Soldato
played some more over the weekend.

Wanted to like it, but it seems MMOs are dead to me now, I just don't groove with them anymore :(

Have a feeling I'll be like this. I genuinely think it's more an us problem than the game though, we're looking for a community and experience you can't get now as people don't want long raids, don't want to spend hours grouped with randoms etc.

I haven't played New World but should be later today, fingers crossed.

Pet Northerner
Don
Have a feeling I'll be like this. I genuinely think it's more an us problem than the game though, we're looking for a community and experience you can't get now as people don't want long raids, don't want to spend hours grouped with randoms etc.

I haven't played New World but should be later today, fingers crossed.

Oh yeah it's a me problem for sure - I'm stop enjoying the whole get a quest, go to a place to kill X things or get Y stuffs and come back. My choice of game has changed and MMOs seemed to have been culled haha.

Man of Honour
Oh yeah it's a me problem for sure - I'm stop enjoying the whole get a quest, go to a place to kill X things or get Y stuffs and come back. My choice of game has changed and MMOs seemed to have been culled haha.

New World certainly isnt an MMO for people that dont like that , especially as in New World its even worse because its go to place to kill X things or get Y stuffs and come back and then go to the exact same place to kill the same X things or get the same Y stuffs and come back and repeat.

I hope that is just because its beta and they have something more varied/interesting than that up their sleeve for release, or this MMO will be very much suffering for player numbers after a couple of months. Especially considering what else is coming out this year.

Man of Honour
Not sure why is so much love for mmo games, its an rpg thats nearly all grinding without the story?

Back in the early days the love for MMOs was because of the social side of things (and the game mechanics of MMOs not only reflected that but positively rewarded it) but over the years a combination of socially inept gamers who dont want to interact with other humans and a desire for content in an MMO to be soloable has killed off a large degree of the social side.

Soldato
So after around 25 hours am now 25 and a half. Done the first dungeon and pvp, so far I still enjoy the game but levelling is getting much harder now, I find myself with side quests and story quests that are 3-4 levels higher than me and faction missions don’t really give me that much exp now. Crafting and such is still good fun.

Dungeons need work, I couldn’t tell what a elite mob was and a boss was until we get to the last room. Loot in dungeons are very hard to find unless someone’s already found the chests and leads you to them. It was short but we died a lot, the boss needs to have tank Argo all the time or you’ll get slapped across the room.

Pvp is definitely the best part of this game and will definitely be where most people spend there time. Wars, company fights and random open world pvp will keep people busy.

Overall thoughts are , it’s definitely worth 35 quid. You’ll easily get that money’s worth in hours however you’ll get to stages where it gets super grindy due to the lack of pve content. I will say that Amazon added all the pve content in a year and so I high have hopes content will be coming very quickly to this game.

Associate

Amazon don't charge for the game until 31st of august, so if you dislike you can cancel before they even charge you.

I only plan to play 1 hour or so of the beta as I don't want to be re-doing all the content.

Associate
I've pre-ordered based on seeing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGDU3vJLiY

Looks hilarious...reminds me of some early DAoC days with 100s of people running into the top level PvE stuff for the first time...crazy clueless confusion.

It's the PvP I'm more interested in so it will be interesting to see how the developers deal with factions ballooning in power and being able to just strong-arm everything. Also bit confused about being flagged for PvP or not....seems like you could be in a tight spot and just decide to turn it off and avoid the whole thing.

Man of Honour
I've pre-ordered based on seeing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGDU3vJLiY

Looks hilarious...reminds me of some early DAoC days with 100s of people running into the top level PvE stuff for the first time...crazy clueless confusion.

It's the PvP I'm more interested in so it will be interesting to see how the developers deal with factions ballooning in power and being able to just strong-arm everything. Also bit confused about being flagged for PvP or not....seems like you could be in a tight spot and just decide to turn it off and avoid the whole thing.

I wish it was like Daoc, I really really wish it was like Daoc. But sadly, it was not to be.

Soldato

I’ve only played about an hour and it seems ok, quite liking some elements, meet some nice people too. Crafting side is interesting and I do like the graphics style.

gameplay though.. I need to play more tbh

Back
Top Bottom