New World MMO

Caporegime
How common are they? I've yet to buy it but keeping an eye out for patches.
I play on yes olde 4670k , 8gb ram and a 980ti.

never had a crash, no stuttering runs fine but makes my cpu and gpu hotter than any other game has.
dog poop optimization for sure, it's not like my cpu and gpu are at 100% load either so the temps make no sense

even RDR2 wasn't as heat intensive as this game

Associate
Just want to add been playing the past week on my EVGA 3080 XC3 and had 0 issues , Running 4k ultra uncapped , Game frames are a little all over the place for example open world around 70-80 fps and towns and inside buildings can drop to around 40-50 fps and lowest around 30 so maybe needs to be optimised a little better , Games pretty slow paced for MMO , Seem to spend a lot of time walking around than fighting stuff , main quest is good but unless you can get a group at 25 you can't progress the main story ~? seems a little odd as not everyone likes to team up, The start of the game you are introduced to these great but scenes but for only 5 mins , I've played 25 + Hours and not seen anymore cutscenes ? wtf just texts and go her and go do that and thats it..... currently at level 25 and so far the game is very average kinda lost the spark I had for the first few days , feels more like a grind now than it is fun.

Soldato
Today's maintenance has reminded me of a major release for WoW with the multiple extensions. They don't tell anyone in the game screen/loader though. You have to go to the forums and fight through the bugs there too.

Soldato
I wonder if they fixed the Uninitialized message that would appear on the bio title screen, and on the achievements screen.

I fixed mine by logging off and back in again. So far everything is working again.

I wish the game would have mounts, or a running mode.

Man of Honour
I wish the game would have mounts, or a running mode.

I really think the gameworld is too small for mounts (the overall map size is pretty small by MMO standards) and it would be detrimental to include mounts but I do think that some sort of short length sprint is a good idea, maybe as a skill - like a 30 second sprint on a cooldown or something - or by having a stamina related sprint ability.

Soldato
With the game world being small, it's kinda head scratchy to me how they are going to expand the pve endgame, be that raiding or potential expansions. Are they just going to have more islands pop up every time they need to add content.

Man of Honour
With the game world being small, it's kinda head scratchy to me how they are going to expand the pve endgame, be that raiding or potential expansions. Are they just going to have more islands pop up every time they need to add content.

It looks on the map as if there is scope for connected land in the top left area of the map, so I'm guessing they will add zones up there

Associate
During the last beta's some users data mined and found some glitches that allowed them to go beyond the hard walls at the top north/west zone. It spanned out into a very large sandy zone with some roman type influence. There's reports of a jungle type zone as well. There's a very slim chance that that could have been junk areas that didn't fit into the timescale for development and could be completely canned but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of it opened up with much more PvX content (arenas were already hinted at).

As mentioned the map is pretty small so having mounts is pointless....mounts would also not work well with PvP (unless perhaps they were only usable when not tagged).

There are some skills that add mobility (chage on great axe, dash in firestaff, haste with a bow, etc) if you're really trying to cross distances but it's not really necessary with shrines and house/inn recalls.

Associate
Despite not been great at anything it does it's so ehow incredibly addictive, I can't stop playing haha

I spent 30mins chopping down trees yesterday. Honestly don’t know how my life’s come to this! Its a very addictive game and have gone to bed late a few times this week just because I’ve got caught up in quest.

Soldato
I've said a few times to people, it definitely reminds me of Runescape in that regards, I spent too much time chopping trees, fishing and mining back in the day and now all these years on I am repeating it in 3D world. If the game had questing like Runescape it'd be much better.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom