• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New X1950 Pro won't work

Soldato
Hey all,

Got my AGP X1950Pro 512mb yesterday, and upon putting it into my PC, my motherboard's giving me error code "25". Looked this up in my manual, and this is "reserved". Seems to be the graphics card initialization from what I can tell though!

My motherboard's an Epox EP-8KDA3+ PRO I believe, with a 420W PSU. I've unplugged everything except the graphics card, a stick of RAM and the CPU heatsink, and it's still giving me the same error message.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss :(

-RaZ

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The PSU's a generic one (came with my OcUK case xD), and yes the card does have both molex connectors attached.

Don't worry though - I'm sending the card back and doing a full system upgrade :)

-RaZ

Soldato
unlucky dude, would have been cool to see how that card performs, but w00t!!!11oneone for your new system!

Soldato
Just got my sapphire x1950 pro agp this morning from overclockers :D i was worried after reading this thread that my power supply rated at 360w wouldnt be good enough for it to run but it working just great need to do some more testing just to be sure.

ps. which uses more power a nvidia 6800gt or the sapphire x1950 pro.

happy christmas :)

Last edited:
Soldato
MoNkeE said:
The PSU's a generic one (came with my OcUK case xD), and yes the card does have both molex connectors attached.

Don't worry though - I'm sending the card back and doing a full system upgrade :)

-RaZ
it was probably youre PSU causing the problem.

Soldato
peahead said:
Just got my sapphire x1950 pro agp this morning from overclockers :D i was worried after reading this thread that my power supply rated at 360w wouldnt be good enough for it to run but it working just great need to do some moretesting just to sure.

if its a quality PSU you shouldnt have a problem.... besides its working :)

Soldato
peahead said:

thats a hard call. the x1950pro is said to have around 55w less power consumption than a x1900xtx.

the x1900xtx seems to suck up around 140w at its peak thats a figure i got from some site after they did a mild overclock on the card. so expect around 130w on average.

so its gonna be 130w - 55w = 75w power consumption for the x1950pro or thereabouts.

the 6800gt http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-vs-nv-power_3.html
as you see is around 55w stock but starts racking up once the clocks are increased.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/power-noise_4.html here is the results of a x1900xt, around 110w of power consumption. so the x1900xtx is about right being near 120-130w at stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
thats a hard call. the x1950pro is said to have around 55w less power consumption than a x1900xtx.

the x1900xtx seems to suck up around 140w at its peak thats a figure i got from some site after they did a mild overclock on the card. so expect around 130w on average.

so its gonna be 130w - 55w = 75w power consumption for the x1950pro or thereabouts.

the 6800gt http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-vs-nv-power_3.html
as you see is around 55w stock but starts racking up once the clocks are increased.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/power-noise_4.html here is the results of a x1900xt, around 110w of power consumption. so the x1900xtx is about right being near 120-130w at stock.

Thankyou Cyber-Mav

I will have a read

Back
Top Bottom