New York restaurants

Don
OP
Is Sparks Steak House still going in Manhattan ?

It is rumoured to be excellent.

I never did get there when I was in NYC and quite wanted to go. Gambino boss Paul Castellano was gunned down there in 1985 on the orders of an up and coming John Gotti.

Pretty strange reason to visit I know but I like steak and have an interst in the mafia.

:p

will prob do one steakhouse, gonna take a lot to tempt me away from Del Friscos though, went to their Vegas one about 3 weeks ago and it was amazing :)

Man of Honour
everyones saying steak. I would love to go to peter leuger, one of the best steak house apparently and one of only a few that dry ages there steak.

However birthday meal for the misses isn't really a steak meal.

Associate
TGI Fridays off TSQ....Jack Daniels Steak!

But on a serious note, Abigales on broadway?

Also the mcdonalds on TSQ does massive portions, and even delivers....but is uusally rammed :)

Man of Honour
Ignore all the other replies.

Go to Mesa Grill.

The. Best. Steak. EVER. Very well-done environment, too.

No more to say - it was totally superb so presuming the NY one is like the Bahamas one, it'll be fantastic.

Edit: Jean Georges' restaurants are excellent. A class above anything else. Except Cafe Martinique but that's not in NY ;). As with Mesa, not been to the NY version but I suspect it will be rather nice.

Last edited:
Associate
I went to Maze at the London for my birthday in NYC, was pertty amazing. You'll probably see a few stars in the lobby too. I saw Joe Satriani and Chad Smith (RHCP) there.

Also, for Pizza, head to Brooklyn to L&B's, and Joe's on Bleaker Street.

Soldato
Yo... if you want nice steakhouse check out

Strip House

13 E 12th St, New York, NY 10003 (Map)
212-328-0000

:) Review there as well. Although the dancer thing might not be the best scene to take your wife. I'm quite sad that I can't find any decent professional places like you'd find in London... all seem to be quirky places trying to do something too different!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yo... if you want nice steakhouse check out

Strip House

13 E 12th St, New York, NY 10003 (Map)
212-328-0000

:) Review there as well. Although the dancer thing might not be the best scene to take your wife. I'm quite sad that I can't find any decent professional places like you'd find in London... all seem to be quirky places trying to do something too different!

Heston Blumenthal raved about that place but I've heard some other mixed reviews - and I think you could be right about bringing along the missus ;)

One other steak restaurant that could be worth a try is craftsteak:
http://www.craftrestaurant.com/craftsteak_newyork.html

Had some problems when they opened but supposed to be better now. They did use to have 70 day dry-aged steak on the menu but it depends on the supply.

Caporegime
For me it has to be Shulas steakhouse...i was there a few mths ago with my brother and my god ive never had such an awesome steak...their ribeye is to die for and quite pricey...ive eaten at a lot of steakhouses in and around America and Canada and i havent tasted a steak better than what they do at shulas....simply sublime.

http://www.donshula.com/locations.php?l=1&restid=9

They have a location in Times Sq that me and my bro went to...

Back
Top Bottom