**Newbie** PC wont power up!!

Associate
I tried to instal some software and my pc crashed. I had to switch the power off at the PSU (Tagan 580 easycon). Now, it won't start up again. Absolutely nothing. My motherboard is a DFI lanparty ut DR200 Crossfire. I've reset the CMOS jumper, and the m'board power reset switches with no luck. I thought it must be the psu, so I took it out and plugged the ATX socket onto and old motherboard, which worked...
Not sure if there is some obvious setting on the m'board I'm missing, or if the PSU really is screwed, but it seems strange that it can power up the m'board on my old pc.
Any help gratefully received, as I've run out of ideas...

Thanks
Mark

AMD 3800+ X64 dual core
X1800XT - (pair of)
Lanparty 200 DR Crossfire
Tagan 580 Easycon
Corsair 3500LL Pro 2048MB matched pair
Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro
Western Digital 320BG sata

Associate
OP
Thanks Hartty. That's my guess as well, but it confused me when the ATX cable worked on the old pc. I suppose some other part of it could be shafted. Any recommendations for a replacement? Tagan were recommended, but I'm not convinced now...

Associate
It could be the 4-pin connector that aint working or somthing mate you could check that all the cables are in the little metal bits properly also try taking out one of them monster graphics cards you have got in there and see if it boots up then (worth ago before you fork out more cash)

and as for a replacement i would go for the Thermaltake PurePower 680W ATX2.0 Power Supply for 69.95 but also the seasonic and the enermax range are good so its up to you

p.s isnt the tagen on warranty also check you mobo with another psu if you can, after reading your first post again i relized what you ment about pluging the tagen into a different mobo. if that is the case then could be your mobo. (sorry for the confusion)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just spoke to a bloke at work, and he recons my motherboard could be knackered. He says it cant be the power supply, as the atx cable works on another m'board, but not on my my new one. How can I find out for sure?

Thanks

Soldato
try a differant psu or mobo or take the board out and look for visable damage. the tagen psu's are quality id be surprised if that has gone... although im sure there are a few exceptions

Associate
Mark_R1 said:
Just spoke to a bloke at work, and he recons my motherboard could be knackered. He says it cant be the power supply, as the atx cable works on another m'board, but not on my my new one. How can I find out for sure?

Thanks

Thats what i was trying to say at the end of my last post i didnt read your first post properly so i apologise for any confusion mate (my bad)

the only way you can tell for sure is by trying another psu on the mob0 mate

Permabanned
Sounds like the mobo to me im afraid, those DFI ones, both SLI and Crossfire, have died on me many times after a small amount of use, in fact they are the only boards i have ever known do so, i now no longer use them.

RMA the board as DFI are well aware of their flaws and are usually very good with RMA's, also they dont ask that you return the stickers and cable tidy kits etc so u get a bonus haul hehe but dont quote me on that!

Back
Top Bottom