Newbie radiator screws question

Associate
I bought all the parts for my first ever custom loop this time last year. After putting it altogether outside of the PC, to satisfy myself that there were no leaks, I never did any more with it due to a back problem.

I'm now hoping to put it all together, bit by bit if my back allows! I am a bit concerned that the screws I am using to fix the fans and radiator to the case might ultimately damage the radiator, as there are no 'stops' to prevent the screws from going into the radiator if they are too long or overtightened.

The case is a Lian-Li PC 011D, radiator is a XSPC TX360 and the fans are 120mm Noctua Chromaxes - so they should be 25mm thick and the screws are 6-32 UNC screws, with a 30mm thread. The fans are in the main part of the case in a pull config with the radiator behind the side panel.

Should I be looking for some shorter 6-32 screws - these are the ones that came with the radiator....

Ta :D

Associate
OP
Cheers @Disco_P - I just tightened them up by hand and stopped when I met resistance. Reading between the lines of your message, would I be right in assuming that washers wouldn't normally be required in this scenario?

Back
Top Bottom