newbie website making advice

Associate
Hi there,

I havent touched anything to do with websites other than browsing for about 10 years. Back then I made a website using dreamweaver. My sister has asked me to make her a basic website and I have forgotten most of it and I am looking for a free program to aid with my site construction.

I have bought a domain name and hosting and now I just need to make the thing. any pointers towards a free program to help would be awesome. Ideally would like a WYSIWYG type of program where I can design the layout and it writes the code for me.

Many thanks

dude

Associate
Get yourself over to codeacademy, you can do the basic web dev training in a day and it'll be much easier for you than some WYS editor.

+1 for for this. Also stumbled across howtocode.io the other day which looks a similar sort of thing and I've read some great testamonials about it on reddit.

Associate
I'd stick with Wordpress too. Very easy to learn and you'll be able to get her site up and running in no time. After which you can begin re-learning the rest :)

Associate
codeacademy, teamtreehouse.com and WordPress.

WordPress is your best bet. The WYSIWYG constructors are ok but can yield some dodgy results and are restrictive. The code they output isn't the best either meaning the site can load slowly and be unreliable.

Associate
A 30days trial of Dreamweaver would probably worth trying just to recap what you have learnt in the past. I mainly use WordPress and Dreamweaver, youtube tutorials are good they're some good basic tutorials.

try this website: Good Tutorial!

Back
Top Bottom