Newcastle takeover???

Don
I did consider this, but I’m not sure we’d want to spend so much to release two mangers, financial fair play is still a thing
Benitez is only ever 2 losses away from the sack at Everton so that may not be an issue.

It does sum up Benitez's luck with owners that he joins Everton just as they stop spending and the Newcastle takeover goes through. It could be nothing but it wouldn't surprise me if Benitez was key to the initial interest from Staveley in Newcastle. Iirc there were reports of Benitez meeting with her at the time she was fronting the Dubai bid for us in 2008ish.

Soldato
Is this a Rafa kind of move though? I actually thought they might look at Rodgers to be honest. Graham Potter would be my choice he’s my choice for every team lol.

Soldato
Is this a Rafa kind of move though? I actually thought they might look at Rodgers to be honest. Graham Potter would be my choice he’s my choice for every team lol.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers jump ship soon if results continue to wobble. He obviously revels in the success of proving everyone wrong - who doesn't - but seems to struggle to turn things around when he encounters a tricky patch.

Caporegime
I’d expect a foreign manager to come in TBH, the Saudis will want fast progress and European qualification of some sort by the end of next season. They shouldn’t though. Rafa left because Ashley wouldn’t develop the training ground which was apparently poor even twenty years ago but now pales into prehistoric times compared to the new training centres that Liverpool and City have. They need to create the groundwork behind the scenes before looking at success. Newcastle has a massive potential, the biggest one club city in England with passionate fans and the whole city behind them. They’re like a sleeping giant. The likes of Everton, West Ham, Spurs (sorry Spurs fans) and Arsenal should be very worried as they may end up being overtaken.

Man of Honour
European Football (of any kind) by the end of next season is optimistic, that would require excellent recruitment of both staff and players.

Anything is possible but I'd have thought it would be a 5-10 year plan, similar to Man City. Assuming they do the same sort of thing.

Caporegime
maybe they actually spend some money so the ground doesn't look like an old neglected council building from outside.

the hand rails etc look like they haven't been painted in decades

Soldato
European Football (of any kind) by the end of next season is optimistic, that would require excellent recruitment of both staff and players.

Anything is possible but I'd have thought it would be a 5-10 year plan, similar to Man City. Assuming they do the same sort of thing.
Optimistic is an understatement given they are absolutely toilet at the moment. City had a head start…they could throw money all over the place. Newcastle cant

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom