Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
What exactly are we meant to do? Immediately starting protesting our new owners despite the fact we’ve dealt with nothing but misery for the past 13 years?

At least let us dream before we try and police the world. They haven’t even purchased the club yet and it’s already our fault that they’re human rights abusers.

Don
If that's in response to me, I wasn't criticising. It would be no different with near enough every set of supporters. There are supporters out there that would sell their nan if it mean their club could spend £2m more in the transfer market.

Soldato
What exactly are we meant to do? Immediately starting protesting our new owners despite the fact we’ve dealt with nothing but misery for the past 13 years?

At least let us dream before we try and police the world. They haven’t even purchased the club yet and it’s already our fault that they’re human rights abusers.
Its more aimed at the NUFC fans on forums bragging about being the richest club in the world and some on twitter making out that this fellas some sort of king. Chnging their avis to pictures of him with a crown on etc.

Soldato
OP
Hypocrites meh I couldn't give two fiddles about world politics. It's no different than the Western World selling their souls to China at every chance they get.

What I care about is my football club getting its passion back.

For the past 13 years it's slowly been strangled. Fans have been lied to. Taken for granted.
Watching club idols getting threated like dirt.
Having its assets striped and sold.

Most Newcastle fans just want to see a little bit of investment on and off the pitch.

With the Ruben brothers involved there will probably be a good bit of investment into the local area's as well.

I'm freaking hyped and I make no apologies about it!!!!

Soldato
If that's in response to me, I wasn't criticising. It would be no different with near enough every set of supporters. There are supporters out there that would sell their nan if it mean their club could spend £2m more in the transfer market.

Exactly.

Soldato
Its more aimed at the NUFC fans on forums bragging about being the richest club in the world and some on twitter making out that this fellas some sort of king. Chnging their avis to pictures of him with a crown on etc.

Fair enough, but that would be the same for any set of fans. Probably shouldn’t judge an entire fanbase based on tweets.

Soldato
Fair enough, but that would be the same for any set of fans. Probably shouldn’t judge an entire fanbase based on tweets.

I havent seen one Newcastle fan questioning the potential new owners regime but hey. You yourself arent...

You've just got to hope they dont turn you into what City have become although i imagine your fans wouldnt allow that

Pet Northerner
Don
Hypocrites meh I couldn't give two fiddles about world politics. It's no different than the Western World selling their souls to China at every chance they get.

What I care about is my football club getting its passion back.

For the past 13 years it's slowly been strangled. Fans have been lied to. Taken for granted.
Watching club idols getting threated like dirt.
Having its assets striped and sold.

Most Newcastle fans just want to see a little bit of investment on and off the pitch.

With the Ruben brothers involved there will probably be a good bit of investment into the local area's as well.

I'm freaking hyped and I make no apologies about it!!!!

Exactly! I believe most people who drive don't care that their fuel either comes from Russia or from Saudi Arabia. People don't care that our gas is mostly Russian too - as long as we can get to work, enjoy our cars and heat our houses.

People who look to politics behind football clubs ownership are most likely bitter about it, because like most fans - they want their club to be competitive. I doubt many Newcastle fans will be sad to see the back of Mike Ashley - who's only ambition for NUFC was to sell Sports Direct Tat, get free advertising and rake in PL TV money by finishing 16th each season.

Caporegime
This will be the beginning of the downfall of the EPL. You already have 6/7 teams battling for the top four. Now it will be 8 and the amounts of money will be insane. You will get to the point where the English league will dominate football for all the wrong reasons. In the end owners will pull out as they will be getting nothing for their money.

That all being said it makes total sense for someone with money to buy one of big northeast teams. Both Sunderland and Newcastle have massive stadiums with a loyal fan base.

Caporegime
That all being said it makes total sense for someone with money to buy one of big northeast teams. Both Sunderland and Newcastle have massive stadiums with a loyal fan base.

Was going to say Sunderland were quite close to a big deal last year, with their Netflix documentary I wouldn't be surprised to see them being taken over by someone fairly wealthy at some point.

The problem in the North East has always been in attracting big name foreign players and getting them to stay. Newcastle is a decent city with some nice bars and restaurants, with lovely places to live on the coast or up in Northumberland but it doesn't compete with Manchester and London.

Don
Just a word of caution on the talk about Newcastle joining the big 6. Ignoring the challenges of attracting top level players to the north east, FFP is going to be a major obstacle. And before anybody says 'what about City', you have to remember they were taken over 3 years before FFP started, there was a lot more leeway in the regulations in the earlier years, a lot of the loopholes have now been tightened and ultimately look how things have still ended for them, facing a 2 year UEFA ban. You then have the fact that there is now FFP in the PL too, not just for sides in Europe.

Also if the Saudi's are serious about this takeover and it is to be a Man City type sportswashing deal then why do they want or need Stavely and the Reuben brothers?

If this takeover is legit this time (and there's been so many false dawns so who knows) and there is genuine money behind the deal then one way or another they'll find away of putting money into the club but it'll be a lot trickier and a lot slower than the Chelsea/PSG/City type scenarios where overnight they were spending 100s of millions.

Soldato
OP
Local knowledge, investment opportunities in properties, redevelopment projects?

Stavely looks like she's going to run the club.

The SIF have been investing and buying shares in multiple business. They probably see this as a long term investment project.

I just want a push in the right direction and the club to show a little ambition.

I believe the deal is done it's just the waiting period for the owners test.

With major investment on and off the pitch being confirmed from the Brothers.

Back
Top Bottom