Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well there was a man utd thread which discussed a lot of issues of annoying nature a while back, im starting a really worried newcastle thread...dedicated to anyone who is starting to fear the worst considering the plight of the club..as a whole.

There is a really interesting scary article on nufc which may be of some interest...

"Ignoring Tuesday's Carling Cup sideshow, attention now switches to the away fixture at Manchester City next Saturday - the second time in ten months that we've gone there in turmoil off the field and in disarray on it.

Our recent results mean that Pearce & Co.'s current inconsistencies are of little relevance - a situation also mirroring last season when a poor City side wiped the floor with the rabble Souness presided over for the final time.

Whether an injection of attacking pace from Dyer and/or Martins can be added to our squad remains to be seen, but it's plain to see that the roots of our malaise lie far deeper.

Quite frankly we've hit the buffers - and the problems that have been evident for years can no longer be ignored. Local heroes and club goalscoring records can no longer mask the decline in this club over a decade.

For every person who boos or chants outside SJP there are many more mute onlookers and increasing numbers voting with their feet - unable to criticise their club but unwilling to witness this feckless tripe at first hand.

It's bad enough paying for it, but for some season ticket holders at present it's too much of an ask to bother going, something that hardly bodes well for renewals.

And as for away trips, forget it. A jaunt to the Arsenal ground and two nights on the slash in Germany. Going to Blackburn, Bolton or Everton holds about as much allure as brass-rubbing.

The casual punters are drifting away week on week and there is a growing level of negativity and gloom from people who remember the dark days of 77/78 and 88/89 - and see unpleasant echoes of it in the current season.

That negativity translates itself into a lack of support for the team. But to talk of a fear factor or a lack of confidence in the players as a consequence of that is just nonsense.

Over-paid, lazy, disinterested so-called professionals aren't going to get away with the sub-standard performances of late that easily.

There's a degree of sympathy for Roeder, who seems like a decent enough bloke fighting to do a job under intolerable circumstances - hence the lack of personal abuse directed at him.

We can find nothing but contempt though from the rank and file towards the Halls and Shepherds, their offshore money pits, agent friends and car dealer hangers-on.

Any talk from them about bad luck with injuries etc. has to overshadowed by the continual questionable transfer dealings and the feel-bad factor that now follows us around.

While some fans publish calculations debunking the notion that the current administration have ever invested a penny of their own money into the club, more have grown bored of the bullish boardroom broadcasts and hackneyed platitudes trotted out by friendly hacks.

But just as the Portsmouth or Palermo victories provided nothing more than temporary relief, so the Sheffield United game didn't herald the beginnings of a new dark age.

Instead it merely confirmed the worst fears of many Toon watchers: that our post-Shearer recruitment programme was fundamentally flawed, leaving us ill-equipped to cope with the demands of this season.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to plunging into the bottom two of the Premiership, rather a considered conclusion based on the mess we've made of a fixture list that included several eminently winnable games.

Factoring in the coming games taking us into 2007 shows that it's a damn sight more difficult in terms of points collection.

Conclusion - we're ******.

A short-term approach would be to blame the losses on Roeder and point to tactical shortcomings, questionable selections and substitution and an inability to inspire certain players as reasons to pay him off.

The appointment of a replacement (Curbishley or anyone of similar status, ie with nowt better to do) would then see that traditional new manager/ ten game boost take effect.

That would give us enough renewed impetus to collect the points rise to the dizzy heights of mid-table.

Throw in a dispiriting exit in the latter stages of a cup and the only thing that's changed is the price of the sorrow-drowning beers from the last time we went round the carousel.

And from where we stand, people seem less and less prepared to stay on for the ride once again.

In short, the club is dying on its feet; dying from neglect and dying of indifference.

Look around - look at the mackems, look at Leeds. Remember mocking Murray, rubbishing Ridsdale and chortling at charver kids being pushed away from the Stadium of plight gates by stewards. Then look at us, look at the future.

The last two relegations were accompanied by diversionary daftness - Dickie Dinnis and player power, then the original sack the board.

And we nearly made it a hat-trick in 1992 before the McKeag era was finally banished, albeit sewing the seeds of our current malaise.

Fans are desperate for a fresh approach, fresh ideas and fresh faces - anything to lift the mood of despondency that has set in since those scarves were twirled last May and Owen lay on a German football field just days later.

The problem with not thinking short-term though is that a long-term view requires vision, planning and strategy. The current incumbents are yet to prove they have any of those qualities.

To sum up, take your money and please just go away. Sack yourself.

Relegation would be a complete and utter disaster - but if we have to go down in order to make the share price drop enough to see a buyout, then so be it.

Let's at least try and restore some dignity, decency and unity to the club while there's still something worth fighting to preserve."

Do we really have to start all over again? are we really in that much of a mess it will come to that?

Finding a good striker is really hard these days for some reason, someone who will always score 15-25goals a season.

The strikers that have done so far are hideously priced.

I think we need to look down the leagues to find a striker...look how well chopra has been so far....we should have kept him, i dont think he was given a really fair chance in the first team...then at least we wouldnt of been so thin with stiker options.

As for defence, that needs a whole new clearout...only taylor and ramage are worth keeping to be honest, thats only because they are young and have potential.

As for the board, i think their decision this weekend has put them another 20ft below ground in terms of support...making money and sacrificing an extra 24hrs rest...that is just typical.

Also links with some German guy as a possibly new manager....?? who is he? and why? if we were to get anyone else in, curbishley may be wise.... but to be honest i think a new manager again isnt taking us forward its just going to put us in the same position we have been in since bobby left.

I was watching some youtube clips a few days ago of the hayday in 95-97 with the old 7-1's 5-0's and 4-3's.... its all gone and why we are clinging on to the heights we got then is beyond me...we need to think long term...not short term. especially when it comes to squad building.

Priority is defence.

We clearly and finally need a solid back 4. Experience and quality is needed in the defence.

The midfield is really good, we have some quality players in the middle.

However the forwards are rubbish...ameobi never has been good enough...sibierski isnt a true striker..... luque isnt a true striker....rossi is too inexperienced but isnt a newcastle player anyway however good he is or will be....martins is "young" and needs to be really judged next season.... owen wont be good until a few month after he is back....whenever that is.

If we did sell Dyer, knowing our luck he'd be awesome...not getting injured and playing on form.

Ameobi will be out for the season shortly.... with the operation

Martins is a very good player, what are we expecting him to do.. a hat trick in every game?

just cos he is a newcastle player and newcastle's history with transfers and the fact we are doing so rubbish so far... everyone assumes he has lost it...he isnt that good...he is rubbish.

not a chance. he is 22.... and has 10years in him.... am sure over that period he is going to do very well and score a fair few goals.

whether its 10yrs with us or somewhere else.

he has only been here for 3month....not 3year.

yeh martins is young... and i dont believe he should be expected to be our saviour by scoring a shed load of goals....he hasnt the experience yet....the number 9 on his back is too heavy at this moment in time.

we need an experienced striker there with him....shame owen is out for so long...but in the january window we should look for some PL experience...whether that means a 30+yr old...just to tie things over...but also get another young striker in too for the future, i.e. Nugent.

personally i think letting chopra go was a big mistake tbh.... we should have sold ameobi.

Van_Dammesque said:
If we pay 10 million pounds for a footballer, he should be able to settle reasonably immediately!

arsenal paid 12million for Walcott...

is he scoring 20+goals a season.

no.

he couldnt even if he played all the time.

the price is for the potential... i think martins has great potential...therefore he isnt going to be cheap.

players are generally overpriced anyways

Clerkin said:
how the **** has Dyer come back and looks faster than anyone on the pitch.

impressive. i couldnt see him coming back but kudos to him. he must have worked hard in training.

shame he's the most injury prone player ever since the days of Darren Anderton.

I think he has made sure he hasnt come back too soon this time...

i hope he lasts.. because he looks better than ever....which is surprising for someone who has been out for so long.

EasyG said:
yep sheff utd winning wasn't good for us, not only do we need to win pretty much every game, we also need the teams around us to lose there games, both of which aren't happening atm :(

we dont have to worry about other teams. We just need to focus on getting our own points.

as long as we start picking up the points regular we will move up the table sharpish.

am not totally confident, with reading doing so well... and us doing, erm.. injuries.

We really cant afford anything apart from 3points.

Id like it to be 2-0

but i can see it being 1-1

Jet said:
Century? You can listen online by registering. I just have.

Damn you need WMP.

Anyway i'm listening to the match but I don't know what station i'm on lol.

lol.. it isnt working for me anyways... its playing but no sound.

I can hear it live from where i live anyway, i just open me window and freeze:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom