Newsgroup software for the Mac?

Soldato
Thinking about ditching my home PC to replace with a Mac Mini. I'm looking for some good Newsgroup software. I'm using News Rover on the PC atm, so something similar that's good at handling binaries would be good :)

So any tips?

Soldato
i tried unison myself but what i really would like is something like grabit for the pc. In unison don't you have to download all the message headers before doing a search for what you want?

Associate
I use unison, the only one I have tried on my mac. It works for me, the only thing it really lacks is an auto extract like a couple of newsreaders for windows.

Soldato
do you guys all just use unison by opening an nzb file or do you actually use the search feature? Am i correct in thinking that you have to download all the group headers before searching for what you want?

Soldato
OP
do you guys all just use unison by opening an nzb file or do you actually use the search feature? Am i correct in thinking that you have to download all the group headers before searching for what you want?

Good question. Can you search through all newsgroups for files?

Using NewsRover on the PC I can search for a file and it'll check through all binary newsgroups, not just the ones I have downloaded on my PC.

Soldato
Good question. Can you search through all newsgroups for files?

Using NewsRover on the PC I can search for a file and it'll check through all binary newsgroups, not just the ones I have downloaded on my PC.

grabit has a brilliant search feature which works the same way - downloading the headers is too much of a time waste

Soldato
how do you guys go about searching for what you want when using unison? Do you find the nzb file elsewhere and then open it with unison or do you download all the headers and search them?

Back
Top Bottom