• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
While many other places seem to be getting cards weekly or even daily, OCUK hasn't had any for sale for over a month. What is going on?
I hope it's not a case of a pallet coming in and then going straight out to a bulk buyer.
What? They had 3090 in stock on the 25th.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
sorry...wait for what? I am well confused...
He's referring to those customers who are still waiting because they ordered before the prices increases kicked in. The chances of finding a non-FE card for anywhere close to those prices now are pretty much zero.

Also, please don't blame us for the current pricing. I really don't want to go over it again, but we're not the primary source of the rises.

The only reason that FE card prices have remained stable is because Nvidia can sell a less than their usual 65% margin...
Nobody else in the supply chain for board partner cards makes anywhere near that sort of money.

Caporegime
He's referring to those customers who are still waiting because they ordered before the prices increases kicked in. The chances of finding a non-FE card for anywhere close to those prices now are pretty much zero.

Also, please don't blame us for the current pricing. I really don't want to go over it again, but we're not the primary source of the rises.
You must be close to losing money on the cards when it comes to customers who bought before the increases

Soldato
@ScottiB how much stock do OCUK get at a given time? i know they are scarce but like how many do you guys get when they do come to you?

is it like chicken feed. Does caseking supply you?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
You must be close to losing money on the cards when it comes to customers who bought before the increases
On some brands we've been losing money since before Xmas.

@ScottiB how much stock do OCUK get at a given time? i know they are scarce but like how many do you guys get when they do come to you?

It varies massively from brand to brand, model to model. For brands who deliver 'weekly' through distribution such as MSI, Gigabyte, Asus it can be as little as one at a time.
And no Caseking has it's own supply issues. Our stock is from UK sources or in the case of guys like Zotac/KFa etc direct from the manufacturer

Soldato
Sounds horrendous. I know the feeling of not being able to crack on with the 'real work' because of being bogged down by other things, not fun.

I wonder if in the long run it's worth trying to solve this problem in terms of the way the system works itself rather than just trying to catch up. Anyway, you all know your business best, so do what you think is best and good luck to you.

Aye does make you wonder what the future holds if this is the future of PC hardware

Soldato

If you look at the Gibbo posts on the sticky's it tells you.

The new AMD card out Wednesday is looking very expensive for a 192 bit bus card looks like they are making hay while the sun shines. ;)

What makes you think it will be in stock and can buy one. We've not seen 6xxx cards for weeks nay months.

Associate
Just gonna say that even the idea of excluding some people here from whatever, for whatever purpose or reason (not necessarily GPU drop related), based on the number of posts they've accrued, is a wholly narrow minded idea. :(

Some of us who have been around for 10 plus years and patronized OCUK for longer than that, lurk continuously within the forum, but are not the "posting frequently" type.

Just because we are not vociferous nor interactive, does not make us or our custom invalid.

/rant

Have great a great day and good luck in procuring a GPU if you're trying! :)

Back
Top Bottom