*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
so when will the nexus 6 officially be launched (ie when are we going to know the true full specs?)
I think that until the launch event we will know very little that we know is true. I remember that the Nexus 5 launch was almost completely unannounced and out of the blue so whilst we are sure it'll be an October/November event I doubt we'll know much about the event more than 48 or even 24 hours ahead of the launch.

I will give up an sd slot if the rest of the specs are poifect.
Well that picture that was posted earlier this week of the supposed specs are pretty damned amazing. I have both the Nexus 4 and 5. The 5 is a definite improvement over the 4 so buying the 5 is justifiable for me. However the N5 is so good that the Nexus 6 has to be pretty amazing and blow even an oil tanker out of the water to make people want to upgrade from the N5.

If there isn't an SD slot, which there won't be because of Google's cloud services etc, after a while there should be a way to root the N6 to let people install Stickmount etc and use the Meenova microSD adapter for adding extra storage.

Soldato
OP
I think all us regular's on here know that :p

I meant I always disregarded Nexus phone due to lack of external storage. But if the rest of the specs/design is spot on then I'll bite this time as I have much love for Moto.

meh the 32gb version of n5 is perfect for me! :) got around 6gb left with everything I need installed..

Associate
A Meenova mini microSD card reader. Costs $12 which is about £7.20. Shipping is $3 or £1.80. Seems they have a new model which comes out on Monday. :) I have two of the original version, one for my phone for my music collection and one for my Nexus 7 for my movies to watch on the train. :cool:

And yes the device will work with a Nexus 5. It doesn't work with the Nexus 4.

http://www.meenova.com/

Thanks, gonna order the new one! Very smart

Soldato
Thanks, gonna order the new one! Very smart
No probs. Might order the new ones myself. Only found out about it when I got the link for you last night. :D

Have you rooted your phone btw? You'll need to because my microSD card can only be formatted to NTFS or exFAT and you can only get those two file formats read by N5s once you've installed something like StickMount, which needs root access.

that'd be nice but I'm just saying that 32gb hasn't caused me any problems yet :eek:
I got one of those because I'm fed up of carrying an iPod around when I've a perfectly good phone that can play music. As my music collection is amost 90GB I need one of those 128GB microSD cards. ;)

Soldato
Oct/Nov is a given. Believe the rumors at your peril.

I will give up an sd slot if the rest of the specs are poifect.

I have the feeling that Google is going to have 1 big event and drop a Nexus phone, tablet, Android L and I'm hoping its next month since a lot will be happening and they might miss that boat.

I also think if they have 32gb options then SD cards aren't a huge issue for 99% of people.

Associate
No probs. Might order the new ones myself. Only found out about it when I got the link for you last night. :D

Have you rooted your phone btw? You'll need to because my microSD card can only be formatted to NTFS or exFAT and you can only get those two file formats read by N5s once you've installed something like StickMount, which needs root access.

I got one of those because I'm fed up of carrying an iPod around when I've a perfectly good phone that can play music. As my music collection is amost 90GB I need one of those 128GB microSD cards. ;)

I haven't rooted, although it mentioned on that website that it works with a specific app with an unrooted phone? If not, I'll root, I had a rooted S3 previously, mainly for the ad-blocker functionality.

Soldato
99%? Got source? :p

It doesn't take much effort to add a 64GB/128GB model though does it. And if the Moto X+1 is as it should be, it's pretty much the next best thing to a Nexus phone.

:p you know what I mean, most poeple don't need more then 32gb. I think everyone should really have 32gb base and 64/128gb options, flash storage is dirt cheap these days, I can get a 256SSD for £80~ no one they can't give me even half that for £80 more in a slower crappier sd card.

Soldato
My Nexus 5 has been going mad recently, lock ups, crashing, desktop showing when in the Facebook app.

And some of my photos are popping up on Dropbox saying I took them in Russia or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom