*** Nexus 7 2nd Gen thread ***

Associate
Oooh I just found an easter egg, go to the About tablet, and repeatably tap the Android Version 5.0.1 and a lollypop appears, hold your finger on the lollypop and a Flappy Bird clone appears.

Soldato
Can anybody recommend a link to a nice easy to follow guide on reverting my Nexus back to stock kitkat? lollipop has destroyed the thing and it's almost unusable now :/

Last edited:
Associate
My Nexus 7 is now saying that the 5.0.2 update is available, but I'm still on 4.4.4 (it hadn't received any updates before now oddly). I have rooted the tablet and installed TWRP, which seems to be stopping 5.0.2 from installing. What's the best way of going about upgrading?

Edit: Think I've cracked it. In case anyone else is/was in my situation I used the sideload OTA update feature of the Nexus Root Toolkit and that seems to have worked, although I need to do it 3 times as I can't go straight from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2, but instead have to go via the 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick update 5.02 is working perfectly so far.quicker than 4.4 as a bonus.
Didn't even have to do a factory reset. Fingers crossed it stays that way

Soldato
5.0.2 popped up on mine this morning, updated and hoping it solves the crippling memory leak it's been plagued with since I updated it to lollipop...

Back
Top Bottom