NF-A12x25 PWM Fans on an NH-D14/15

Soldato
Hi
Would there be any appreciable difference if the stock fans were removed from a Noctua NH-D14 or D15 and replaced with 2 or 3 NF-A12x25 PWM Fans?

Just curious as their latest top of the range cooler is smaller but has the NF-A12x25 PWM Fans.

Ta muchly.

@Meddling-Monk @doyll

Gents,

Thanks for the info, I was just curious as some of the reviews were stating that the smaller coolers like the U12A were as good as the NH-D15/15 and it was mostly down to the fans.
I've got a couple of PWM NH-D14 so the cost of fans would be prohibitive.

I got a good deal on some ddr3, but the ram heatsink was almost taller than the NH-D14. Two minutes later, the heatinks were removed and the memory sits nicely under the CPU cooler. The noctua fans look a lot better under purple LED light too!

Never bothered with RGB lighting inside the case myself despite having a windowed case. But a quick search around on the Noctua's in purple lighting do seem to have a nice look to them, probably caused from the colour of the noctua beige and brown to reflect certain wavelengths more and causing a nicer look to it. Might do that at some point if I can find some nice silent RGB fans (for ultra silent exhaust) at the top of the case. :)

Purple Noctua-ness

48214657477_ce251b9536_b.jpg"  data-dynamic="true">

I like! :D

But then, I'm a graphics/image person, so colours always a selling point for me if it works. :p

Just found out something: My A14 when put at 50% via PWM and using a LNA has the dreaded ticking sound that plagues the Silent Wing 3s (a tick sound that happens every second or so, looking at the fan I can also see it slow down momentarily when it happens). It doesn't happen when I push it to 60% with LNA on. Will be contacting Noctua over if this is normal and likely get a RMA for it.

Sadly it seems that you're not the only one with a ticking fan. There are quite a few reports of it happening.

Back
Top Bottom