1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2016 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Azza, Aug 23, 2015.

1. frankel1414

Gangster

:eek: That fg block was amazing.

2. ThestigGT999

Soldato

:D

yep that was great

3. nicktay2605

Mobster

Good win for the Pats against a stubborn Ravens. To be honest the Pats were pretty dominant all game, they allowed the Ravens back into it via their own mistakes on special teams. They really need to sort out a proper kick returner, Cyrus Jones has made far too many mistakes. The one he made last night was laughable, it was obvious the ball was going end over end towards him yet he didn't think to get out of the way :rolleyes:

On the plus side, it's very encouraging that the Pats were able to put up so many points against one of the best defences in the NFL, particularly without Gronk.

4. del_piero

Gangster

A couple of turnovers early in the 3rd quarter made this game a lot closer that it initially looked like being.

Given that Dallas' offense seems to have slowed down over the past couple of weeks, there is no real consistent team in the NFC. Seattle has alternated wins and losses after looking good in November, whilst the Packers have won 3 in a row and could sneak into the playoffs with a strong finish.

Anyone other than the Patriots likely to make it to the SB from the AFC?

5. nicktay2605

Mobster

If it's not the Pats it will be the Chiefs or the Raiders. The Pats are currently 11-2, the Chiefs and Raiders are one back on 10-3. The Pats have a tough game this week coming, they're at the Broncos, so I can see them slipping to 11-3. It's still very close, any of the three teams could still finish top seed in the AFC. Having said that, I still fancy New England to beat Oakland or Kansas.

I think Green Bay will be a tough matchup for any anyone if they make it into the playoffs, so long as Rodgers is fit. They have some key players coming back at the right time and are starting to look dangerous on both sides of the ball.

6. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs look good

pittsburg have more weapons in offence but their defence isn't that good

7. frankel1414

Gangster

It turned into a good game last night. I was about to call it a day if the Patriots had scored again just before HT.

Are there usually this many mistakes in a game? It sometimes looks like they're trying to catch a greased pig rather than a football! The amount of false starts is ridiculous as well.

8. frankel1414

Gangster

I'm going to have a bet on this weeks games.

I need 3 teams who aren't favourite but are quite likely to cause a surprise. Fire away. :)

9. ThestigGT999

Soldato

NFL: London to host four International Series games in 2017

10. ThestigGT999

Soldato

11. KingOfTheDaves

Gangster

Wow, with that hilariously biased pro-Patriots 'cheaters' site you posted on the last page and now this. You are banging the Patriots drum hard :)

But to answer your question, the reason the NFL has handled it differently is because the rules were changed after deflategate 1. Teams no longer have the same access to the balls as they did previously. NFL officials are in charge of the balls, so if any are under-inflated that is the fault of the NFL not the Steelers (or any other team).

Also the Giants haven't even made a complaint.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  12. nicktay2605

Mobster

It's a shame all the home teams for the announced Wembley games are so rubbish, though with the draft and free agency I guess there's a chance they might improve by next year. Going by this year the only game that might be competitive is the Saints vs Dolphins.

13. ThestigGT999

Soldato

that site says all teams cheat even patriots

Giants did suspect deflated balls even tho they didn't complain makes you think if they would of complained if it were the the patriots not the steelers

14. BlueMerle

Gangster

I certainly agree that the Rams are in a tail spin... no question about that. But, the contract extension, while just announced last week, was actually agreed to during the pre season.

Not that there's really a meaningful difference in this case... still...

15. mp260767

Capodecina

another poor performance from the rams.

and the same crap week in week out:
    usual dropped catches when under no pressure, open receivers missed by miles, secondary that keeps miscommunicating and leaving receivers wide open, defensive players that can't tackle, a qb that as no pocket awareness and who hasnt been taught how to slide.

we're still making offensive plays that make no sense, if you need 10 yds on 3rd down why call a play with a throw that goes 5 ?

then throwing to gurley nigh on at the line so he gets mobbed

donald needs to be pulled to one side and told to start behaving like a captain could have got ejected for a 2nd time this season when he threw a flag back at an offical, we're just getting stupider with these penalties.

and to end the night after goff tries to rush for a td he gets put out with concussion.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  16. ThestigGT999

Soldato

17. frankel1414

Gangster

The bookies seem to have Miami v NYJ almost as a 50/50 game.

I think the Dolphins will win.

I've had a 4 team accumulator (Dolphins, Ravens, Texans, Chiefs). Pays just over 4-1.

18. frankel1414

Gangster

I was wondering why the Dolphins were such a decent price. I didn't know they're without their first choice QB. :o

19. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I hope you're not betting with large amounts, when not knowing this sort of simple but critical info :)

20. frankel1414

Gangster

No, just a couple of £ to give me more interest other than just the live games.

Where's the best place to see the latest team/injury news?