NFL 2016 Season

Soldato
Yeah, at best it will be a slap on the wrist. At worst it will be a fine. Nothing more than that.

Even as a Cowboys fan I find this a bit ticky tacky, but I suppose they have to enforce the rules... if NY did in fact violate them.

true

Are there any teams outside of the Patriots, Seahawks and Cowboys that have a chance of winning the Superbowl?

raiders look good, green bay packers are on a roll not sure tho

Soldato
The Pats are always going to be favourites for the AFC but they are not unbeatable. They were lucky not to lose against the Ravens a couple of weeks back.

Ultimately I think the Pats will win the AFC but I don't think it is as cut and dry as some of these experts make out.

I guess they do make it look easier for the pats than what it is

current odds for the AFC

pats 5/6

steelers 9/2

raiders 7

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/afc/winner

Soldato
Well if you told me that Oakland had a double digit win season in 2016 this time last year, I'd've laughed in your face. Possible 2nd seed in the AFC this year, I'll take that (it wont be 1st with the Pats having the Jets & Dolphins left to play in the Regular Season this year) we could be in with a chance,considering the only team to beat us in the AFC this year is the Chiefs (Our Bogey Team :mad: ) Not before time as I'm getting fed up with putting a paper bag over my head whenever I watch a Raiders Game. :p

Associate
Ultimately I think the Pats will win the AFC but I don't think it is as cut and dry as some of these experts make out.

I can't see any team beating the Patriots at Foxboro and given the likely number 1 seed, the Patriots will be playing the play offs at home.

Ben Roethlisberger is terrible on the road, and has a pretty terrible record against the Patriots in general so the Steelers aren't beating them. Raiders are good on the road but Boston in January is a whole new thing. I don't see the Raiders defense holding out. Chiefs would need Justin Houston and Tamba Hali to play the game of their lives.

The only team I could see beating the Patriots in Boston are the Broncos but they are unlikely to even make the playoffs.

To be honest despite all that, whilst the Patriots are highly likely to win the AFC, they won't win the Superbowl. No Gronk, no receivers besides an over used Edelman, and the daft trade of Jamie Collins I can see them losing badly to the Cowboys in the Superbowl.

Soldato
I can't see any team beating the Patriots at Foxboro and given the likely number 1 seed, the Patriots will be playing the play offs at home.

Ben Roethlisberger is terrible on the road, and has a pretty terrible record against the Patriots in general so the Steelers aren't beating them. Raiders are good on the road but Boston in January is a whole new thing. I don't see the Raiders defense holding out. Chiefs would need Justin Houston and Tamba Hali to play the game of their lives.

The only team I could see beating the Patriots in Boston are the Broncos but they are unlikely to even make the playoffs.

To be honest despite all that, whilst the Patriots are highly likely to win the AFC, they won't win the Superbowl. No Gronk, no receivers besides an over used Edelman, and the daft trade of Jamie Collins I can see them losing badly to the Cowboys in the Superbowl.

Danny Amendola will be back for the play offs

also signed Michael Floyd not sure about him though

Soldato

Yeah Ben has been a bit of a mixed bag on the road, but he always seems to play better in December when it counts. It is going to be hard to beat them in Foxborough, but I look back at last year when we played Denver at Mile High stadium. We probably would have won that game if not for the Toussaint fumble.

If we play a physical and turnover free game then we have as good a chance as any. The run defence has played pretty good but stopping Blount will be a big test. If the D can get after Tom Brady then it will be an interesting game.

Soldato
In my Fantasy Semi Final, I picked up the Texans D as they played the Jags... forgot to actually start them (very busy week for me is my excuse) which cost me 9 points and then I lost by 2 as Crowder fumbled the ball at the end of the Skins game (Opponent had Panthers D). A tie I would have won as I had more points on my bench. Hard to explain how annoyed I am at myself...

Associate
Fantasy can be infuriating, particularly if the loss is on you. I had a stormer of a week so have 2 finals, and a consolation final to look forward to in my 3 leagues. That said I'm going to get stuffed most likely.

Back
Top Bottom