NFL 2017 Season

Soldato
Quite a few surprising results this weekend then. As a Redskins fan, seeing how we played against the Eagles in week 1 I didn't hold much hope out for this season. Seeing how we destroyed the Raiders... I'm not sure what to think. That was probably one of our more impressive performances in recent times, both sides of the ball against a team that many consider Superbowl contenders.

Soldato
what can i say, but well done rams, thought we were on for a trouncing , and somehow we managed to get a win.

still have my fingers crossed the defence can get it together by mid season .

as for other results Houston, carolina & buffalo standing out so far, interesting weekend.

is it to early to start thinking about a winning season ? :D, i'm not talking massive 1 game the right side is fine :D

Associate
Tony Romo can just see everything. It's so impressive.

I thought his commentary in the Bears vs Packers game was excellent. Might watch a few more Thursday night games. Also enjoy Jon Gruden's commentary on the Monday night games.

Soldato
can't say thats a suprise, much as gronk and the others are helpful to the cause, brady holds it all together, but thats the same with the top qb's

also not a suprise hes got issues, from what they were saying when i watched the games last weekend hes been got to more in the first 5 games than all of last season :(

on a really bad note rams back to their old bad ways at the weekend 5 turnovers, don't deserve to win if you do that.

Soldato
As a Titan I can only dream of what the Rams have!

we'll see, if they do as well next season i'll be happy, just depends if our new head coach is good enough to keep things fresh, what i really don't like is that he takes himself away from the game to work on his offensive plan, for me he should be watching the game.

Been mentioned a couple of times that he gets to the stage he has no idea whats going on in the game as he's concetrating on putting a plan together for when they get back on the field, really hope he can get an offensive caller in that hes happy with so he can work at being the head coach.

as i've mentioned before i'm not happy with the trouble we're having defensivly, we had a more than solid defence that kept us in games and on more than 1 occasion they were the reason we got wins.

i know they switched from 4-3 to 3-4, but i can't understand why you'd do that to a defence that for me was doing well, if the defence had been poor ok try something else, i hope i'm wrong but i think our season will come apart if the offence gets figured out and the defence doesn't improve.

Soldato
Wow. If I'm honest, I always thought he was a terrible presenter and was a big reason why I used to avoid watching NFL on Sky. He didn't particularly know much about he sport, which is okay if you're accepting of that. He tended to just talk rubbish though and just wasn't very good at presenting. It didn't help that I really disliked Nick Halling who also didn't know a great deal about the sport. He definitely thought he did though.

I was also told by someone who did quite a popular podcast, that used to appear on Sky from time to time a few years back that he only had the job as he was buddies with the producer (who used to play for Ipswich Cardinals, who we battered in a national final and Kevin Cadle pronounced my name wrong when they showed my game changing sack/fumble and claimed it was controversial as it might have been an incomplete forward pass.... rubbish. Anyway, I digress.)

All the same, it's still very sad. RIP.

My favourite memory of him is after the Janet J wardrobe malfunction and it cut back to Kevin, who was sat their shocked, jaw wide open...

Caporegime
Wow. If I'm honest, I always thought he was a terrible presenter and was a big reason why I used to avoid watching NFL on Sky. He didn't particularly know much about he sport, which is okay if you're accepting of that. He tended to just talk rubbish though and just wasn't very good at presenting. It didn't help that I really disliked Nick Halling who also didn't know a great deal about the sport. He definitely thought he did though.

I was also told by someone who did quite a popular podcast, that used to appear on Sky from time to time a few years back that he only had the job as he was buddies with the producer (who used to play for Ipswich Cardinals, who we battered in a national final and Kevin Cadle pronounced my name wrong when they showed my game changing sack/fumble and claimed it was controversial as it might have been an incomplete forward pass.... rubbish. Anyway, I digress.)

All the same, it's still very sad. RIP.

My favourite memory of him is after the Janet J wardrobe malfunction and it cut back to Kevin, who was sat their shocked, jaw wide open...

He didn't try to push the sky agenda on you which is far above their usual presenting, it's rare to find presenters or commentators even who know much or can articulate their opinion well.

On that note Tony Romo can be pretty fun to listen to

Soldato
it's rare to find presenters or commentators even who know much or can articulate their opinion well.

Just bring someone over from the US if you need. Speaking from no experience in this at all, but I don't think it can be that hard to find someone? Personally I've always like Mike Carlson, don't know if he still does presenting?

Caporegime
Just bring someone over from the US if you need. Speaking from no experience in this at all, but I don't think it can be that hard to find someone? Personally I've always like Mike Carlson, don't know if he still does presenting?

I think that's a bit simplistic, so many of the guys in the US are rubbish also, Carlson was decent on C4.

Back
Top Bottom