NFL 2020 Season

Soldato
i think the pats is the best team for newton to go to if he's willing to listen to the head coach, if he does and hes fit i think the pats can make him a better player.

not liking the back end of the rams schedule with both tampa and new england having 9/10 games to work out any kinks with their new qb's.

there also seems to be a few teams that should be pretty happy with their schedule.

Soldato
Jets trade Adams to Seahawks for two firsts and a third. Decent price but it's a clown move for a clown organisation. Losing an, almost, guaranteed future HOF safety for two picks from a team who will most likely be in the playoffs and they are an organisation which generally pick terribly.

I would be gutted to be a Jets fan, and that's coming form a Bengals fan!

Be interesting now what happens with Clowney as I can imagine the trade includes Adams negotiating a new contract and can't see that leaving room for a Clowney contract.

Soldato
Gonna be such an interesting season (if it happens) with training out of the window, going to be a guessing game on whos actually be able to train properly over the past few months. I don't think any player or team is a given this season.

It will be less about injuries depleting teams as the season goes on, and more about who gets covid.

Soldato
Quality wise I think it will be a pretty poor one if it does go ahead due to lack of practice. The teams who will suffer the most are those who rookie QB's or FA signed QB's who i doubt will have the time to get system in place.

Soldato
Well, my teams not even got a name now...

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to think about it. Well, no, if I'm very honest, it annoyed me. I've been a 'Redskins' fan for around 33 years now. I have a variety of merch with the name and logo on. In many ways that's the teams identity surely? When the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens, surely Browns fans didn't become Ravens fans? No, the new Browns became their team and the Ravens was seen as a new team. That 'nickname' is the teams identity.

Now, I know I can often be naive to racism. But I also wonder about people who almost choose to be offended by things. I don't know my US history, does that matter? Should I just realise Redskin must be a derogatory term? I've heard counter arguments. I believe the Head Coach was a native American when the team was named?! (Just something I heard in Ross Tucker's podcast, I've not researched it to back it up) I also believe many/some native Americans have said they like having a team named after them. Again, could be total rubbish.

Having said all that, I do quite like the almost college look with numbers on helmets, that we'll be sporting this year :)

Soldato
Quality wise I think it will be a pretty poor one if it does go ahead due to lack of practice. The teams who will suffer the most are those who rookie QB's or FA signed QB's who i doubt will have the time to get system in place.

i think it will show the professionals (brady etc) from the rest, like with the football coming back from the break some players looked like there hadn't been a break where others looked like they hadn't moved out of their chairs

as for the rename on washington, along with other teams, its been going on for that long it was bound to happen, don't doubt they'll be as many complaints about it changing it as those wanting it changed, but it will settle down and with the way things have been i don't think there will be a better time to do it.

Soldato
Baltimore Ravens
Andre Smith, OT
De'Anthony Thomas, WR

Buffalo Bills
Star Lotulelei, DT

Chicago Bears
Eddie Goldman, DT

Dallas Cowboys
Stephen Guidry, WR
Maurice Canady, CB

Denver Broncos
Kyle Peko, DT

Houston Texans
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT

Kansas City Chiefs
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, G

Minnesota Vikings
Michael Pierce, DT

New England Patriots
Patrick Chung, S
Dont'a Hightower, LB
Brandon Bolden, RB
Marcus Cannon, OT
Danny Vitale, FB
Najee Toran, OL

New Orleans Saints
Cole Wick, TE
Anthony McKinney, OL

New York Jets
Leo Koloamatangi, OL

Philadelphia Eagles
Marquise Goodwin, WR

Seattle Seahawks
Chance Warmack, G

Washington Football Team
Caleb Brantley, DL

This is the list as of today of players opting out of 2020. Might be worth making it front page or a sticky as it will need updating.

Soldato
Been a fair few more as of today.

On a separate non COVID topic what are people's thoughts on Lamar as a long term viable QB1? At the moment I'm far from convinced he will have the longevity as he is primarily a runner and he puts his body on the line doing so. He will never be a pocket passer but more worrying is I (personally) don't think he improved as a passer in the 2 seasons he's been in the league. He really needs to work on his accuracy and be willing, and able, to throw before he can get be a long term prospect. If he keeps playing as he does at crunch time they will lose if teams can stuff the run and he remains is inaccurate and unreliable as a passer.

I hope he gets better and sticks round but can see him being more of a RG3 type flash in the pan with his style and abilities.

Soldato
I hope he gets better and sticks round but can see him being more of a RG3 type flash in the pan with his style and abilities.
I think any mobile QB can't count that as the only thing in their locker to keep them successful. As he gets older / less mobile he'll either have to improve his passing game and become really bloody consistent, or risk heading in the direction of Cam Newton.

I was sort of hoping that all these players opting out would force the NFL to do the whole season behind closed doors to make sure the best player participate. I'm now wondering if the changes in squads might make the games more unpredictable, entertaining, and feature more rookies. I know a few people who don't even bother watching pre season games because they don't see the point, but I like seeing what might be up and coming.

Soldato
He will never be a pocket passer but more worrying is I (personally) don't think he improved as a passer in the 2 seasons he's been in the league.

I would disagree. I thought he was terrible in his first season, but in his second he could actually complete passes :) He rather surprised me in fact. I know they don't tell the whole story (and I'm not basing my opinion on this, now he's my keeper QB, I watch him quite closely) but his stats are quite different one season to the next. Comp % 58 to 66, TD/INT 6/3 to 36/6 for example.

Soldato
if he wants a longish career hopefully his coach will get through to him that he needs to protect himself when running, and he have a look at the likes of russell wilson, still comes up with good runs for the team but has the sense to not push it.

added to that i think he improved his passing on his 1st year so will hopefully carry on, could have been due to the coach not trusting/trying to get to much out of his arm in the 1st season though.

Soldato
Anyone else finding GamePass running like complete ass again as per previous years? Keeps stopping and starting all the time for me, really frustrating.

Going in optimistic this year, Bengals have got this!!

Back
Top Bottom