NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
Well, it's almost on us. What are people's thoughts?

As a WFT fan, I'm reasonably optimistic, but I've been there before recently, so I'll just wait and see how things go.

Did anyone watch Hard Knocks? Is it just me, or does Zeke come across as a bit 'simple'? A bit of a village idiot? Probably a very harsh viewpoint, he just seems... odd?

Also, should we talk fantasy in this thread, or make a new one? I did my draft last night and can't decide who to cut -

BRANDIN COOKS
JERRY JEUDY
JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
ANTONIO BROWN
Philly D (I have the Bills D too)
DEVIN SINGLETARY

I'm leaning towards cutting the Philly D... Thoughts?

Associate
Lions fan. Expectations are muted as normal… always next year…

Oh! another Lions-fan! I'm not the biggest Lions fan around, mainly follow them due to being a massive Red Wings-fan and deciding to support all the Detroit teams. Will be interesting to see if we do better than last season though.

Associate
There are a few around :). I grew up across the river in Windsor, Ontario so regularly went to see the Wings, Tigers and the Lions when I was a lot younger. Tried to keep up with it from the UK and always go to watch the Lions in London when they have come over. Its hard being a Detroit fan a lot of the time!

Associate
I became a Red Wings-fan due to one of their all time All Star players comes from the same town in Sweden as me. But I've never had the chance to catch a game live with them, but it is on my to do list after Covid. Good thing when I work nights is that I can catch some Red Wings and Lions matches on my phone during work :D

Soldato
looking forward to seeing how stafford does, main concern is support for donald on the dline, fingers crossed mcvay has worked on improving.

can't wait to see what sort of state dak is in after no football/pre season and a weird arm injury that should have recovered after 2-3 days but is still ongoing.

other things i'm looking forward to checking out is rodgers at green bay after the mess over there, KC with their new/improved online and hoping to see jackson throw more for the ravens

Associate
Da Bears!

Long-time sufferer so measured expectations for this year. Feel like a middle of the road team (7 to 9 wins territory), maybe with an outside chance of playoffs. Although I think for that to happen a lot of things have to go right.

I think the NFC North in general should be easy for GB, with Minnesota and Chicago trying to chase the runner up spot. The Lions are obviously in rebuild mode although I love what they did with the Stafford deal and have so much collateral to rebuild over the next few seasons.

For the Bears it'll be exciting to see what we have in Fields. A couple of other thoughts; I think Sean Desai makes for a more intriguing DC, and I think Khalil Herbert, our new late-round RB might be more than just a 4th string back-up. Also should hopefully see Mooney & Kmet get more involved.

Our biggest issue will be our OL and offense. Have become really disillusioned with Nagy-ball and hope we see something this year when it comes to getting a half-competent offense on the field.

I'm leaning towards cutting the Philly D... Thoughts?

I would 100% drop the Eagles D.

Just because those other players are more interesting and you need RBs and WRs more. That said week 1 should clear some of that up. I know in our leagues the first few weeks of the waiver wire are critical as you often see way too-early drops and high performing players/units up for grabs. I've netted players like Robinson (last year) and Chubb/Kittle (a 2 years ago?) when they got dropped after a bad start or people didn't know what they had. After that the waiver wire seems to be people chasing trends for the latest one-week wonder, replacing players with anyone who's fit or streaming D/Ks etc.

Soldato
I watched zero games last season of the Packers to the point where I watched a bit of this years preseason game and wondered who half the players were!

Need to play catchup before Sundays game to figure out if we even have a chance this season or if we're just still relying on an aging QB to do most of the work.

Soldato
I watched zero games last season of the Packers to the point where I watched a bit of this years preseason game and wondered who half the players were!

Need to play catchup before Sundays game to figure out if we even have a chance this season or if we're just still relying on an aging QB to do most of the work.
"An aging QB" he's like half the age of TB12!

Soldato
Disappointing loss last night for the Bills, but hopefully it's a bit of a wakeup call after all the pre-season hype. There was some dodgy play calling and too many penalties against us, but both teams defences played well and it was only really the stupid blocked punt TD that was the difference. The game should have been put to bed long before that.

Back
Top Bottom