Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Caporegime
i had a search but most of what I found was ancient so decided to start one. No doubt someone will link me to a thread which is only on page three or something, in which case I apologise.

Anyway, after finding a discount code (now expired) I decided to order some samples. Creed Aventus was out of stock which was a shame as I've heard it's lovely, but I ordered three 3ml samplers of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Noir and Oud Wood. Anyone else have anything they like or can recommend? I'm nearly out of Armani Diamond rocks for men and still have a fair bit of Huge Boss Dark Blue left.

Caporegime
OP
Am I alone in having a completely random selection of aftershaves that I've just accumulated, and in just grabbing them at random from the bathroom cabinet?

About the most I ever do in terms of actively choosing which one to wear is picking the latest or most expensive if I'm going for a night out or dinner or something. They all smell pretty good anyway.

I feel I'm missing out :(
Depends on what's in your bathroom cabinet!

Caporegime
OP
Samples arrived today and I have to say Tom Fords tobacco Vanille really isn't nice when you first put it on. In fact it's quite nauseating as I really don't like tobacco. Now I've had it on for a couple of hours it's mellowed but I don't like it.

Caporegime
OP
I have a 5ml sample of Tom Ford tobacco Vanille if someone wants it? Free of charge to the first trust message. Sprayed once, really not for me. Made me queasy tbh!

Caporegime
OP
Tom ford has some real gems, but not the tobacco vanilla one....that's disgusting

Bit late to this one as I don't come in that often (despite me starting it!) but I tried this one on a recommendation in a similar thread on Pistonheads. It smells awful, like I remember my Dad's fags and made me feel ill for a good hour afterwards. Gross doesn't cover it, I thought I smelled like an ashtray. :mad:

Caporegime
OP
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for me. A lot of scents give me a headache, but his stuff doesnt, and I really like it along with others liking it too, even in the summer.. but I would like to find something else for the summer really, any advice? It sits quite well on me and stays pretty close to the body, but I only put a single spray on quite early so it dies down. Not looking for massive projection for a summer scent. Cheaper stuff 99% of the time gives a headace, more expensive suff usually doesnt, which I put down to more real ingredients Vs petrochemicals, but idk.
I tried a sampler of the Tobacco Vanille. It made me feel sick and I couldn't stand it. Overbearing smell of stale fags. It was only a 5ml sampler and I threw it out. Gross. Worst 'fragrance' I've ever smelled. Nauseating.

Caporegime
OP
How long will aftershave and other fragrances last for? I have a bottle of Hugo Boss Dark blue that I’ve had for years, only used half so far. Still smells good I think? Do they go off? Not stored in direct light but not hidden away somewhere dark either.

Caporegime
OP
I just bought again two of my favs, No.9 is never going away it;s too good :p The Versace one was going for £15 which is cheaper than last time i got it so thought why not again.

HwV4ppr.png
What about the yellodoor? Does it smell nice?

Back
Top Bottom