*** NieR: Automata™ ***

Soldato
At last, a PC release date. Looking forward to playing this, though the £40 price tag is a bit steep.

Just wait for the key sites, it'll be sub £30 most likely.

Anyone who is buying or interested in NieR: Automata and has never played the previous games, Drakengard 1,2 and 3 and Nier, just like I have never played them, there is a pretty good series retrospective and analysis I found on Youtube by Clemps, it's humorous too so naturally has swears so I won't link directly to a video but it'll be the first hit from Youtubes search bar.

Soldato
The combos in the video look utterly fantastic, time to fire up the PS4 and replay the demo:D

The best thing is, it should look sharp as hell on PC with increased resolution etc. PS4 will run at 900p from what I've heard.

Associate
So Nier - the original, I have managed to find this:

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/pcsw4nhqc3tck/pc-nier

nier_42_PCsw4nhqc3tck_a.jpg

but no other info. Did the pc version get canned?

Soldato
Saw a few twitch streamers play this and it looked good, shame it's coming out this close to Wildlands and Mass Effect for me, will probably pick it up in a few months when it's on sale.

Associate
GMG have this for £32.79 at the moment.

First game was superb! I'd never gave it the light of day until an online friend recommended it to me. It's now one of my all time favorites. :D
I wish we'd see a PC version but I doubt it'll happen.

Soldato
Damn, it currently sits at 90 on metacritic from 49 reviews. Not that I pay much attention to that but I didn't expect it.

Looks like we might be getting something special as the game is praised not only for the combat but also the narrative, atmosphere and uniqueness which is a somewhat rare combo;p

Associate
Looks like we might be getting something special as the game is praised not only for the combat but also the narrative, atmosphere and uniqueness which is a somewhat rare combo;p

I highly recommend having a go of the first one. It's all of those things, but the combat is very basic in comparison to this one.

I almost bought the multi language release last month, ended up having a go of a friends instead as I wanted to wait and see how the PC version would run.
I'd love for some 16:10 support but I doubt that'll be happening.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll definitely look into it as I've only watched gameplays of that one back when it was released.

Also, to add to the Automata hype, they've even nailed the soundtrack:D

Back
Top Bottom