Nikkon Mirrorless incoming

Caporegime
The white mark on the lens may be going from left to right, but you're still screwing anticlockwise even with the sensor facing away from you.

If you face a soft drink bottle towards you (the top of the cap is pointing at you), you fasten the top by turning clockwise or in this case left to right. If you turn the bottle 180 degrees, you still have to turn the top clockwise to tighten it. It's just going right to left now.

The Nikon lens turns anti clockwise no matter what way you're looking at it. A clock doesn't suddenly start going back in time because you face it away from you. :confused:

No, it is basic math. If you rotate the object 180* then everything gets inverted.

IT then just becomes a semantci argument about what is the fornt or back, and whther you are attchign the lens to the camera or camera to the lens.

This is just getting childlishly silly. With a Nikon, myself and ,illions of others find it logical and easy when you are using the camera because you rotate the lens form left to right, clockwise.

Caporegime
Hahaha, this is just getting silly, who actually give a r4ts behind which way a lens screws on, I have only ever used Nikon, So my Nikon lenses screw on the right way, because its the only way I know, So what that all other lenses screw on the other way (they all all wrong btw, Only joking :p) lets leave this be, its a waste of everybody's time!

Apparently Raymond does, he is the one that brought it up. It is a waste of everyone's time and irrelevant

Caporegime
Apparently Raymond does, he is the one that brought it up. It is a waste of everyone's time and irrelevant

I only reply because you keep replying...

Your right eye don’t become your left eye because I am looking at you.

The car’s left side doesn’t not become the right side because you are standing in front of it.

No matter which way you look, you are twisting the lens in the same direction, its relationship isn’t the way you are looking at it but it’s relationship between the 2 objects that comes together.

Righty tighty, lefty losey. (Not - But not if you look at it differently)

And debate on where is the front of the camera?!? Really? Is there really a debate on that?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well canon has just shown Nikon how to make a FF mirrorless camera and how to launch one

Canon EOS R specs and images:

30.3 Million Pixels Full Size CMOS
Dual pixel CMOS AF
The ranging range is 100 × width 88% of the live view video display range
EV-6 low brightness autofocus
4K video
Touch panel liquid crystal
Multifunction bar installed (2nd picture image)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Dustproof drip-proof · magnesium body
Battery: LP-E6N
Battery grip: BG-E 22
Size: Width of about 136 mm × height of about 98 mm
Weight: Approximately 580 g
Mount: inner diameter 54 mm, flange back 20 mm, 12 pin
Mount adapter: “Mount adapter EF – EOS R” “Control ring mount adapter EF – EOS R” “Drop – in filter mount adapter EF – EOS R”

It will be launched with an adapter and the following FOUR new lens for the new mount

RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM
RF 50mm F1.2L USM
RF 28-70mm F2L USM
RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM

That’s some tasty glass there which will make Canon users upgrade. Hopefully Sony will put their finger out and do a 35mmf1.8 now as well.

The 28-70 f2 will be great for wedding photographers.

That puts Nikon's announcement to shame.

The 28-70mm f/2 may be a welcome sign that Canon are finally starting to catch up to Sigma's glass as well. For all too long Sigma have gone unchallenged with their ultra fast zoom lenses.

If only Canon could release a fast telephoto zoom like the 120-300 f/2.8 as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I must admit the new glass is a much better idea than Nikon efforts. If you are going to go with a new mount, adapters are fine but you need some good native and unique glass from the start.

Caporegime
I must admit the new glass is a much better idea than Nikon efforts. If you are going to go with a new mount, adapters are fine but you need some good native and unique glass from the start.
Yeah, that is an enviable set of glass and knowing Canon it will be great quality. Lets hope that a good adapter is released to put RF glass on the FE mount... or otherwise Sonyy produces similar native FE glass to match. :)

Soldato
Well canon has just shown Nikon how to make a FF mirrorless camera and how to launch one

Canon EOS R specs and images:

30.3 Million Pixels Full Size CMOS
Dual pixel CMOS AF
The ranging range is 100 × width 88% of the live view video display range
EV-6 low brightness autofocus
4K video
Touch panel liquid crystal
Multifunction bar installed (2nd picture image)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Dustproof drip-proof · magnesium body
Battery: LP-E6N
Battery grip: BG-E 22
Size: Width of about 136 mm × height of about 98 mm
Weight: Approximately 580 g
Mount: inner diameter 54 mm, flange back 20 mm, 12 pin
Mount adapter: “Mount adapter EF – EOS R” “Control ring mount adapter EF – EOS R” “Drop – in filter mount adapter EF – EOS R”

It will be launched with an adapter and the following FOUR new lens for the new mount

RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM
RF 50mm F1.2L USM
RF 28-70mm F2L USM
RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM

That’s some tasty glass there which will make Canon users upgrade. Hopefully Sony will put their finger out and do a 35mmf1.8 now as well.

The 28-70 f2 will be great for wedding photographers.

Hardly, the lens selection is better at launch but everything else is very poor.

Like the Nikon it only has 1 card slot but it doesn't have IBIS, Weather sealing (they state only dust/drip proof), 4K video but probably crippled etc.

Overall camera to camera I'd take the Nikon, Canon have gone (as they normally do) half hearted into this protecting the rest of their range.

Caporegime
The 4k on the Canon is likely cropped.
The weather sealing id a much bigger issue than the card slots. The sensor is also just the old 5Dmk4 sensor which doesn't stand up to the competition.

I am also dubious of that 24-70mm f/2 lens. It will be huge and insanely expensive, and way too adventerous for Canon. A 28-50mm f/2 maybe.

I suspect a typo and it is f/28

Caporegime
Nope seen a real life picture of it and yes it is huge! Probably the same size as the sigma 105 f1.8

In which case the ergonomics must be horrible on such a camera. That kind of lens belongs in the 1D/5D4. Very unbalanced in weight, price and features. The Canon mirrored looks aimed at a lower level than The Nikon DZ, which itself is clearly marketed well below the pro level

Caporegime
In which case the ergonomics must be horrible on such a camera. That kind of lens belongs in the 1D/5D4. Very unbalanced in weight, price and features. The Canon mirrored looks aimed at a lower level than The Nikon DZ, which itself is clearly marketed well below the pro level

But this is canons low end mirrorless body. Perhaps they are about to launch a $4000 more pro orientated body soon with dual cards, weatherproofing, IBIS etc?

Caporegime
But this is canons low end mirrorless body. Perhaps they are about to launch a $4000 more pro orientated body soon with dual cards, weatherproofing, IBIS etc?
Have you seen any actual word of this on any rumour site of this or are you just engaging in speculation that thy are "about" to launch a new pro mirrorless? :confused:

Caporegime
Have you seen any actual word of this on any rumour site of this or are you just engaging in speculation that thy are "about" to launch a new pro mirrorless? :confused:

No but do you think Canonis just going to launch one relative low to mid specked mirrorless FF camera body ever? Same with Nikon when both are ploughing loads of money into new lens for the new mounts?

Hence why there may appear to be a mis match between the high end expensive pro f2 lens and a mediocre low body which won’t appeal to pro users. At least Nikon released both their bodies at the same time. Canon won’t intend to remain with just one low end body for very long. Perhaps it was meant to be launched already but they have last minute issues over IBIS or something, who knows

Caporegime
No but do you think Canonis just going to launch one relative low to mid specked mirrorless FF camera body ever? Same with Nikon when both are ploughing loads of money into new lens for the new mounts?

Hence why there may appear to be a mis match between the high end expensive pro f2 lens and a mediocre low body which won’t appeal to pro users. At least Nikon released both their bodies at the same time. Canon won’t intend to remain with just one low end body for very long. Perhaps it was meant to be launched already but they have last minute issues over IBIS or something, who knows
Greebo, no-one in their right mind would think Canon are only releasing one mirrorless "ever" (lol), but I have also seen absolutely nothing to suggest they are "about" to release a new high-end pro mirrorless either.

Caporegime

Same for Nikon though Nikon's CEO talked explicitly about a more pro Nikon Z, just can't provide deal now obviously.

the Z6 and Z7 are mirror-less versions of the D610/D750.

Why will Canon release a low-end mirror-less with a high end lens, unless Canon believes this camera is high end?

And going by these dimensions the 28-70 f/2. wont be fund to hold on the Canon R.

Back
Top Bottom