Nikon Z7ii - User Experience, Kit Lenses & Sensor Dust

Associate
Hi All

I'm toying with getting back into photography and am thinking along the lines of a second hand Z7ii

I was wondering if the kit lenses were any good as a start point and how susceptible the CCDs are to dust.

I've got a lot of experience with Nikon DSLRs over the years but have not tried a mirrorless body.

Last edited:
Associate
I was using Z6 II for a couple of years, kit 24-70 F4 was fantastic. Z7 ii is twice the pixel count so even better.

The Z range of Nikon lens are absolutely stunning, essentially perfect and you can't get much better.

Don't worry about the talk of dust getting sucked in as you adjust focal length for Z lens , they've taken every effort to mitigate it and personally think it's abit over egged. I mean yes, it's possible, if I shot all day in very dusty dirt bike events and such you're obviously increasing the chances but vast majority aren't. As for sensors - they coat the sensor to mitigate so really unless you're swapping lens in gale force winds on a beach constantly I don't see it being an issue either. Used to blow dust off my Z6 a lot with rocket blower but that's about it.

Only reason I moved up to Z9 was because I needed vid 4k/8k full frame, by the time I factored in external ATOMOS screen+SSD, mandatory firmware upgrade (which meant sending camera back to Nikon), just ended up being more convenient to upgrade whist not needing a 2nd unit and being able to stay in Nikon ecosystem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom