• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No EVGA before christmas

Associate
So someone actually managed to get an honest un-censorded response from OCUK last week and that email has had some fall out...

wTbrAQg.png

EVGA_JacobF - "OCUK is not a direct customer so not sure where this message originated from. We are continuing to ship to Europe."

OCUK - "Overclockers UK would like to apologise to EVGA and their customers for communicating this misleading information. We are not aware of any announcement by EVGA regarding the prioritisation of any region in the supply of their RTX 3080 graphics cards."

So OCUK is getting their stock from a distrobutor in the UK, acording to EVGA's website the UK distrobutors are vip-computers.co.uk and exertis.co.uk neither of whom are showing RTX 3000 cards on their stock lists.

I know UK EVGA direct customers (retail wise) have reccived stock twice this week, this makes me question OCUK's boast of "being one of the biggest suppliers of computer hardware in the UK means we can almost guarantee we will receive allocation before anyone else".

As confirmed by the initial email above customers who ordered EVGA cards from OCUK were breifly allowed to swap cards and keep queue position due to stock allegedly only being sold to US distributors.

Lastly we have another OCUK direct response saying this:
Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wythern said:
Wait... There was a period where you could change cards and keep your queue position, and we haven't been informed about it? Speechless. I thought they had connection with EVGA and would be one of the first to get (and if not first then maybe second) to get their cards. "We are continuing to ship to Europe" great shipping so far... and like one or two days before 3080s went live I was considering buying from somewhere else instead of OCUK... Thank god I didn't sell my GTX 1080 and put my 970 into my system for the time being.

Yeah I'm not impressed either. Just an update as to if the distribution partner has stock heading their way

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Doubt I will get a satisfactory answer but I have sent in a webnote anyway asking just that.
Nobody gave me the option of a card swap retaining queue position either. I don't agree with that practice, but for those of us who have ordered EVGA cards and other brands with zero allocation planned, I think we should at least be able to switch and bump up to the day after launch at least.

I wasn't going to but strength in numbers, 'n all that so I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask what the situation is

Associate
OP
It was this email I think. The bit EVGA took issue with is "EVGA DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE THEY WERE ONLY SELLING TO THEIR USA DISTRIBUTORS." That seems to have really annoyed them.

They then had to issue an appology.

Even if the lack of EU shipping is true (which it may well be) my guess is that by admitting it they cause EVGA to break an NDA with Nvidia about not disclosing stock issues and shipping priorities.

Screenshot-20201007-204456.jpg

Associate
OP
The competitors claimed on twitter they are direct customers of EVGA. Sounds like OCUK definitely is not.

Yeah this is bassicly the problem, I think OCUK has made a deal where they only get their GPU's from one distro and because of that the distro gives them better stock, this doesn't help when an AiB only ships direct and isn't focusing on EUMA distro

Associate
OP
Exertis themselves don't know which cards theyre getting so untill they arrive there there's no news, however I do think @Gibbo won't update untill something is gonna happen next day.

Associate
OP
I got my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra today, but I also got the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC 10G but not sure which one I should return.
They are quite similar cards, the difference is the EVGA clocks at 1755mhz and Gigabyte at 1800mhz, thinking about numbers makes sense to keep the Gigabyte because it's a bit more powerful, but thinking about the recently problems concerning the capacitors(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bUUEEe-X8), the EVGA has 5 POSCAPs + 1 MLCC and the Gigabyte has 6 POSCAPs and no MLCC.

What do you guys think ? Should I keep the EVGA because of the capacitor problem or should I just ignore that and go for the Gigabyte for the clock increase ?

It has a warranty, go for clocks

Associate
OP
Just to update those of you follow this thread, I was #2 in line since day one for the EVGA 3080 XC3 (non-oc) and have cancelled my order.

As the chance of stock arriving became slimmer and slimmer I started looking for other options and I managed to secure a 3070 FE (not eBay). Then a few weeks later I lucked out and got a 3080 FE too. At this point I cancelled my EVGA order and dispite not having a 5yr warranty I'm pretty happy with what I got.

If anyone has any questions fire away.

Back
Top Bottom