• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No EVGA before christmas

Man of Honour
Hah, EVGA reps on Overclockers' forum, nice joke.

I think the best chance of getting an EVGA rep on this thread would probably be to tweet at EVGA Jacob with the link to it, in fairness to him he seems active on that platform at least.

EVGA reps were quite common on this forum a while ago.

Unfortunately ATM EVGA just don't care about anything apart from the US.

I have bought quite a few EVGA cards in the past but their attitude recently has really made me rethink my buying decisions.

Associate
EVGA reps were quite common on this forum a while ago.

Unfortunately ATM EVGA just don't care about anything apart from the US.

I have bought quite a few EVGA cards in the past but their attitude recently has really made me rethink my buying decisions.

Yeah.. I saw an EVGA rep in a forum post from like 2017(?) maybe, and he hasn't logged in since.

Soldato
There is dissent on the EVGA forums for US folk too. From red lips/general gash design to not making the FTW3 this gen anything special apart from better than average power delivery.

Of course there are easy pickings from Jacob too who will get involved in easy issues or potential sales bit avoid very obviously more gruesome thankless task work.

This round I'll keep my preorder in. Used to be their biggest advocate mainly for WC friendliness and transferable warranty. Though the latter doesn't seem to affect potential resale all that much if at all judging by watched eBay listings.

Associate
Another competitor seems to be getting bucket loads of EVGA cards along with many other makes.... Seems OC have been pumped this launch by suppliers. Don't think they're getting anywhere near the level of stock the other is.

Soldato
Well 4 times today I have had a 3090 ftw 3090 ultras in my basket from different suppliers and havent checked out yet.

Reasons:

1. No waterblock available yet (unless it costs an arm and a leg)
2. They still havent figured out why their flagship card is limited to 450W even with the 500W bios (which works on any other make of 3 power pin card)

So decided it wasnt worth the money over the strix or cheaper MSI.

The EVGA cards this time are terrible in many ways cheap components and many issues with them, take this one as an example below.

Be happy you didn't get one FTW3 Ultras 3080s and 3090s with red light death issue :-

https://forums.evga.com/3080-FTW3-Ultra-stopped-working-1-single-red-light-m3120936.aspx

Caporegime
Associate
Well at least with most companies getting **** all AMD cards in today OCUK won't have much stock to deal with before getting back to sorting our EVGA 3080 orders.

Associate
Finally had enough of waiting and snagged a card from another etailer with next day delivery. I've sent my cancellation through so my 5th spot in the queue for the XC3 gaming has now been relinquished. Good luck everyone, hope there's some good news for you in the weeks coming!

Associate
Finally had enough of waiting and snagged a card from another etailer with next day delivery. I've sent my cancellation through so my 5th spot in the queue for the XC3 gaming has now been relinquished. Good luck everyone, hope there's some good news for you in the weeks coming!

Nice one mate.

Back
Top Bottom