• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No EVGA before christmas

Associate
Yeah, i didnt think they would charge £10 and not do next day DPD :p oh well, I dont mind the once a week post, as much as it may **** people off, having a once every Friday update keeps the forums quiet in the week. means its only worth checking once a week.

If DPD can't even deliver some Coffee Beans to my house.. What are they gonna do with my XC3 Ultra when it eventually gets sent??

Associate
If DPD can't even deliver some Coffee Beans to my house.. What are they gonna do with my XC3 Ultra when it eventually gets sent??

Surprising you've had issues with DPD, usually I find those and DHL are the best delivery companies.
Could be worse, it could be Yodel or Hermes and you'll have a nice 3080 soup(er).

Associate
I got my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra today, but I also got the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC 10G but not sure which one I should return.
They are quite similar cards, the difference is the EVGA clocks at 1755mhz and Gigabyte at 1800mhz, thinking about numbers makes sense to keep the Gigabyte because it's a bit more powerful, but thinking about the recently problems concerning the capacitors(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bUUEEe-X8), the EVGA has 5 POSCAPs + 1 MLCC and the Gigabyte has 6 POSCAPs and no MLCC.

What do you guys think ? Should I keep the EVGA because of the capacitor problem or should I just ignore that and go for the Gigabyte for the clock increase ?

Associate
OP
I got my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra today, but I also got the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC 10G but not sure which one I should return.
They are quite similar cards, the difference is the EVGA clocks at 1755mhz and Gigabyte at 1800mhz, thinking about numbers makes sense to keep the Gigabyte because it's a bit more powerful, but thinking about the recently problems concerning the capacitors(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bUUEEe-X8), the EVGA has 5 POSCAPs + 1 MLCC and the Gigabyte has 6 POSCAPs and no MLCC.

What do you guys think ? Should I keep the EVGA because of the capacitor problem or should I just ignore that and go for the Gigabyte for the clock increase ?

It has a warranty, go for clocks

Soldato
Got my email and free upgrade to FTW3 Ultra as apparently no one pre ordered it or very few:)

Nice gesture I suppose but it's same GPU with ultra on the box and an inconsequential factory OC.

Here's hoping for dispatch email next...

Associate
Got my email and free upgrade to FTW3 Ultra as apparently no one pre ordered it or very few:)

Nice gesture I suppose but it's same GPU with ultra on the box and an inconsequential factory OC.

What card did you originally order and did you have to ask for the upgrade? Take it you are now at the back of the queue for the FTW3?

Associate

Did they email you with the option?

Soldato
What card did you originally order and did you have to ask for the upgrade? Take it you are now at the back of the queue for the FTW3?

Ordered FTW3 Gaming. Yes they emailed me.

Should not be in a queue per se as they said they have free stock of FTW3 Ultras.

This isn't with ocuk that's all I can say.

Associate
Ordered FTW3 Gaming. Yes they emailed me.

Should not be in a queue per se as they said they have free stock of FTW3 Ultras.

This isn't with ocuk that's all I can say.

Damn you, you got me excited as i'm in the teens on my order with OCUK on the FTW Ultra

Back
Top Bottom