NO!!! How harsh is this!?

Soldato
Hi folks,

I was hoovering my PC today (I know, but safely!) to clean some dust out of it, a little Spring clean if you like...

Anyway, I just moved my hard drive 'rack' out the way, noticed it was a bit tight, but pulled anyway (stupidity), and what happens...

The SATA connector on the main hard drive broke off :( The black plastic L shaped thing that the cable latches on to.

I have now got it working by just placing it on there and having the hard drive in an upright position, this is until I order a new hard drive now :(

Tell me, do you think anyone would buy the drive even with a broken SATA connector? A hobbyist could most likely glue it in place and it will work?
Either that or ill throw it out probably!

Soldato
OP
250GB Hitachi SATA2 :eek:

I still have the 'L' plastic bit, i've put it on the end of the connector, and pushed the cable onto it and its working, but obviously the drive is standing up on its side, and if I moved it chances are it wouldnt work.

Im on the case of some superglue, so i'll be attempting mission plastic glue 10.2 beta version later on tonight!

Essentially, all I need to do is just glue the L shape back in its place, its just a case of whether it will withstand the tests of time!

Soldato
OP
*UPDATE*

I have put the hard drive in its correct mounting place now, and what I've done is, just put the L shape back into the sata cable, then pushed it onto the drive, and its holding pretty firm as it is TBH!

I may glue it at a later date.

Sean

Back
Top Bottom